We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Microsoft OutLook Kind of View

Hi , Is it Possible to have view like Microsoft Outlook when a grouping grid is grouped based on column i.e. when the column is dragged to the Groupdroparea , it should be removed/hide from the grid and when it is dragged back to the grid it appears agian at his original position(retaining the index before dropping)

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 3, 2004 11:36 AM UTC

For now, you will have to handle an event to do this type of thing. You can listen to the GroupedColumns changed event, and hide/show things in your event handler. You will also need to keep track of the column and where it was. Here are some snippets.
//subscribe to the event
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.GroupedColumns.Changed += new Syncfusion.Collections.ListPropertyChangedEventHandler(GroupedColumns_Changed);

//used to track where/what column needs to be shown/hidden
private Hashtable saveLocation = new Hashtable();
private Hashtable saveColumn = new Hashtable();

//the handler
private void GroupedColumns_Changed(object sender, ListPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
{
	SortColumnDescriptor col = e.Item as SortColumnDescriptor;
	int i = this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.VisibleColumns.IndexOf(col.Name);
	if(i > -1)
	{
		saveLocation.Add(col.Name, i);
		saveColumn.Add(col.Name, this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.VisibleColumns[i]);
		this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.VisibleColumns.Remove(col.Name);
	}
	else
	{
		i = (int) saveLocation[col.Name];
		saveLocation.Remove(col.Name);
		GridVisibleColumnDescriptor vcol = saveColumn[col.Name] as GridVisibleColumnDescriptor;
		saveColumn.Remove(col.Name);
		this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.VisibleColumns.Insert(i, vcol);
	}
}

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon