We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Select Record Row & Preview as one?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

18400 Aug 30,2004 11:10 AM Aug 31,2004 09:10 AM Windows Forms 5
Tags: GridControl
Nate Finch
Asked On August 30, 2004 11:10 AM

I can make the grid select the entire row... but it''s treating the preview rows as separate from the row they''re previewing, which is not what I want. I want outlook style selection, where the record row and preview get selected together as one thing. I can''t figure out how to make it work, and suggestions? Thanks, -Nate

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 30, 2004 11:33 AM

You can handle the cellclick and add the preview row to the current selection. Here is a sample. If you want the selection to be navigated using the Arrowkeys, then you can use the technique shown in this KB: http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10496 We are planning to change the selection mechanism in the groupinggrid to be based on record. This will be easier after that. For now, you have to handle this way.

Nate Finch
Replied On August 30, 2004 01:13 PM

Thanks... I actually found a better way, by just using a columnset, and putting the preview column under the rest of the columns in the row. But now I''ve having a problem in that I don''t want to show the column header for the preview column... I just posted another topic on that problem. -Nate

Nate Finch
Replied On August 30, 2004 01:15 PM

Actually, I just realized that my "better way" actually has the exact same problem as the preview row - it only selects one "row" at a time. Feh. I''ll take a look at what you posted and see if that''ll work. Thanks, -Nate

Nate Finch
Replied On August 31, 2004 07:54 AM

I''m implementing this fix, but I''m running into a problem... I want to be able to handle all selection methods, not just clicks, so I put the code into TableControlCurrentCellActivating... however this doesn''t get called when you select a preview cell. The code you posted above works ok if you click, but if you move around with the keyboard, it doesn''t get called. Is there an all in one event that''ll always get called when the currently selected cell/row changes? -Nate

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 31, 2004 09:10 AM

You can try this event to see if it gives you what you need: this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.SelectionChanging You can check e.Range.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;