We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

What are the conditions/scenarios for using GridControl, GridDataboundGrid and GroupingGrid?

What I''d really like to do is have a databound grid that can be grouped. TIA

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 30, 2004 10:18 AM UTC

If you want grouping support, you need to use the GridGroupingControl. It is nound to a datasource like GridDataBoundGrid. GridControl is a cell oriented grid that allows you to set styles on a cell by cell, row by row, column by column basis. You can also use it in a virtual mode that allows it to hold not data, dynamically getting its data through events that you handle to provide the data. GridDataBoundGrid is a column oriented grid that needs to have a datasource set. It is the closest control to a Windows Forms DataGrid. It can display hierarchical data. But it cannot be grouped. GridGroupingControl allows you to group a Datasource. It allows for summaries (both built-in and custom), and true nested tables.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 30, 2004 10:42 AM UTC

Hi Clay, Thanks for clarifying this for me. I was wondering if it is possible to place controls inside cells of a GridGroupingControl. For example, can I put a combobox into a "Select State" column of a GridGroupingControl? I noticed that the GridGrouping samples did not do this. Why? I also noticed that for Date types, it automatically used a month calendar control. >If you want grouping support, you need to use the GridGroupingControl. It is nound to a datasource like GridDataBoundGrid. > >GridControl is a cell oriented grid that allows you to set styles on a cell by cell, row by row, column by column basis. You can also use it in a virtual mode that allows it to hold not data, dynamically getting its data through events that you handle to provide the data. > >GridDataBoundGrid is a column oriented grid that needs to have a datasource set. It is the closest control to a Windows Forms DataGrid. It can display hierarchical data. But it cannot be grouped. > >GridGroupingControl allows you to group a Datasource. It allows for summaries (both built-in and custom), and true nested tables.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 30, 2004 11:11 AM UTC

Yese, you can put a combobox in a column in a GridGroupingControl. You add it to the style you find in ColumnDescriptor.Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell. You can do this from the designer or from code. this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["someColumn"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType = "ComboBox"; //also set the DataSource, DisplayMamber, ValueMember

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon