We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Sluggish grid with lots of formula cells (v1.6.1)

My grid has about a 100 columns. The last 8 columns are "total" columns, that contain a variety of formulas for summarizing the data in the other columns. Whenever these "total" columns are displayed, the grid is very sluggish during operations such as scrolling, minimizing, restoring, etc. If these "total" columns are not visible, for example when viewing the left-most columns in the grid, or when I hide the "total" columns, the grid is NOT sluggish. I assume that this behavior has to do with the overhead of recalculating some or all of these formulas whenever they are visible. Do you have any suggestions for improving the grid response time? For example, is there a way to only perform the recalculation after a cell''s value has been changed? Thanks, s.s.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 27, 2004 12:49 AM UTC

I do not think there is anything that you can do to change this in 1.6.1. But upgrading to 2.1.0.9 should improve performance in this area.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon