We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

custom control on a status FrameBar

I am using FrameBarManager, and would like to put a control of my choosing in the status bar. Is there a way to do this? I tried using FrameBarManager.GetCommandBar passing the statusbar''s frame bar, but the method returned null (perhaps because I was calling it on an MDI child form and the status bar is merged with the parent?). My thought was that I could perhaps manually add my control to the Controls collection of the CommandBar underlying the status frame bar. Thanks in advance, -Nate

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 26, 2004 06:41 PM UTC

Hi Nathan, You could achieve this functionality by using the detached CommandBar associated with the MainFrameBarManager as shown in the code below : this.commandBar1.HideDropDownButton = true; this.commandBar1.OccupyFullRow = true; this.commandBar1.DockState = CommandBarDockState.Bottom; You could now host any desired control in the COmmandBar. Please refer to the sample attached here that demonstrates this, and let me know if this works for you. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

NA Nathan Allan August 27, 2004 03:26 AM UTC

>You could achieve this functionality by using the detached CommandBar associated with the MainFrameBarManager as shown in the code below : That would throw out the benefits of the frame bars which I am making extensive use of; particularly MDI merging (each of the child forms has a custom status bar). Perhaps I will explore the posibility of subclassing my own BarItem. Is this feasable, or does the frame bars infrastructure make assumptions that preclude this? -Nate

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 27, 2004 03:59 PM UTC

Hi Nathan, Thanks for the update. The XPMenus.Bar can host objects of type BarItems only (and not any other Controls). Note that the BarItems are not of type Control. The CommandBar does offer this functionality but does not support bar-merging. So I am afraid, in the present form of XPMenus framework, it is not possible to have a XPMenus.Bar that would support both merging as well host any control in it. As a workaround you could explictly handle the merging behavior. Place the controls that would be present in the status bar of the MDI child in a panel and place it in the MDI parent''s status bar. Show/hide the panel when the MDI child is opened/closed. Please refer to the test sample attached that illustrates this, and let me know if this works for you. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon