We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Gridgrouping control with foreign keys

Hi, based on the article http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=17276 I can show the values of the foreign key table. The problem is now: when I group by a column-name the summary shows not the DisplayMember (Name) of the column but the ValueMember (which is the ID). E.g. The Column shows the names of persons like Bob, Bab and Bib. ValueMember are the IDs like 1,2,3. When I group by this column I get the summary infos: 1 - 1 Item 2 - 1 Item 3 - 1 Item instead of Bob - 1 Item Bab - 1 Item Bib - 1 Item I tried to use {category}, etc. without a success. What can I do here? Thanks in Advance! Martin

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 26, 2004 09:22 AM UTC

We will be supporting this directly in our library code with better foreign key support in general. The work is almost completed, and if you would to get a private build that has this support when it becomes available, you can submit a Direct Trac support incident requesting it. To do it now would require dynamically setting teh appropriate text in a QueryCellStyleInfo handler.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon