We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Windows Defender detected Trojan:Win32/AgentTesla!ml in setup file

I downloaded the Syncfusion Essential Studio for WPF Setup version 21.1.35 from your site and the MD5 checksum was OK. When I ran the setup program, Windows Defender detected Trojan:Win32/AgentTesla!ml when progress was at about 65%. Is the file really infected or false positive?

4 Replies

JM Jeyaseelan M Syncfusion Team March 28, 2023 07:09 AM UTC

Hi Herbert,

We are currently checking on this matter and will provide you with an update on or before March 29th, 2023.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Jeyaseelan M

JM Jeyaseelan M Syncfusion Team March 30, 2023 05:20 AM UTC

Herbert, we were not able to detect the threat from our side. We scanned using all the engines including Windows Defender, but no threat was detected.

We suspect it might be a false positive report.

Could you kindly check if all pending Windows updates are properly installed? Also share the which type of application you’ve faced the issue (offline .exe, offline zip, or web installer) and the file name\screenshot of the report to validate this from our end?

Also, please try this on any other machines and let us know if this issue is occurring there also.

HE Herbert March 30, 2023 09:47 AM UTC

I downloaded the desktop WPF offline exe installer. I tried to install on another PC and it was OK. Then, I rebooted my main PC and it installed successfully this time without issue. Maybe the false positive report was due to the fact that I have not rebooted my PC for a month. Anyway, I have included a screenshot of the quarantine report.

Thanks for your help.

Attachment: SyncfusionIssue_82bb1114.zip

GE Getsy Edwin Syncfusion Team March 30, 2023 10:08 AM UTC

Hebert,

You're welcome! Please contact us if you require any assistance.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon