We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

User Editing of styles

I have a line chart with multiple series of data. I want to allow the user to change the style of the various lines in the chart. Is there built in support for this or do I need to create my own dialog box to allow the user to select things like line color, width, dash style? Thank you, Jon

6 Replies

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team August 26, 2004 11:32 AM UTC

Hi Jon, This is supported out of the box. We will post a sample later today. Thank you for choosing Essential Chart. Best regards, Daniel

JO Jon August 30, 2004 12:32 PM UTC

I am looking forward to getting the sample as this will save me a good amount of work. Is there an updated estimate on when you will have it uploaded? Thank you, Jon

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team August 30, 2004 06:59 PM UTC

Hi Jon, Sorry for the delay. I will post this tomorrow. Thanks for your patience. Best regards, Daniel

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team August 31, 2004 06:29 PM UTC

Jon, Just an update on this. I realised that the current TypeConverters that we have in place do not provide a great editing experience with the property grid for ChartStyleInfo. We have started work on a custom UI. Also, we have to add support for individual legend items to be able to generate and respons to events to make this interface seamless. We think this will take 2-3 days for us to complete. Would that work for you? I will post an update here as soon as this is done and also send you an email message. Thanks for your patience. Best regards, Daniel

JO Jon August 31, 2004 06:59 PM UTC

Thank you for the update. That sounds fine. Thank you for working to add this support. Jon

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team September 9, 2004 01:37 AM UTC

Hi Jon, We are still working on this. We are also in the processs of adding several new features and refactoring the chart. It may be a few days before we can have a stable build that I can send out. Can you send me a note (danielj_no_spam@syncfusion.com) with information on your timeline? Thanks for your patience. Best regards, Daniel

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon