We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Encoding issue in BuiltInDocumentProperties

Hi,

When I try to read BuiltInDocumentProperties in xls file, accented or special characters are not encoded properly.

Ex: if in title property I have "été n°5", "é" and "°" are encoded properly.

xlsio.JPG

I'va attached my xls file i use for my tests.

When i save my file, title property is saved with wrong characters but characters inside my sheet are still corrects.

Is there any configuration i can change to read properties correctly ?

Attachment: Altitude3216540101_8e47bdfe.zip

6 Replies

KK Konduru Keerthi Konduru Ravichandra Raju Syncfusion Team January 18, 2023 12:17 PM UTC

Hi Vincent,

We are able to reproduce the reported issue at our end and validating it currently. We will share the validation details on January 20th, 2023.

Regards,

Keerthi.

EV Epaillard Vincent January 20, 2023 02:10 PM UTC

Hi,

Do you have more informations about this problem ?

At least if it's a bug that need intervention from your team or if it's a misuse from my own.

Regards

KK Konduru Keerthi Konduru Ravichandra Raju Syncfusion Team January 23, 2023 05:16 PM UTC

Sorry Vincent.

On analysis we found that this issue occurs only for Excel documents with xls extension where as the same case works fine for Excel documents with xlsx extension. Hence we are still investigating on the query and will provide you the details on January 25th, 2023.

We appreciate your patience.

KK Konduru Keerthi Konduru Ravichandra Raju Syncfusion Team January 25, 2023 04:37 PM UTC

Vincent, we have confirmed the issue as Latin title is incorrect in built-in document properties of XLS document and logged a defect report. We will include the fix for this issue in our weekly NuGet release scheduled for February 7th, 2023.

You can track the status of this defect report through below feedback link.

https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/40657/latin-title-is-incorrect-in-built-in-document-properties-of-xls-document

Disclaimer: Inclusion of this solution in the weekly release may change due to other factors including but not limited to QA checks and works reprioritization.

KK Konduru Keerthi Konduru Ravichandra Raju Syncfusion Team February 8, 2023 11:42 AM UTC

Vincent, we have not included the fix for Latin title is incorrect in built-in document properties of XLS document in our weekly NuGet as the fix is under testing still. Hence we would require 1 more week timeline to release the fix. We will include the fix on next weekly NuGet release scheduled for February 14th, 2023.

We appreciate your patience under then.

RB Rahul Balasundaram Syncfusion Team February 14, 2023 05:04 PM UTC

Vincent, we have included the fix for Latin title is incorrect in built-in document properties of XLS document in our weekly NuGet release version 20.4.0.50. Kindly upgrade your package to this version and let us know if the issue is resolved.

Latest NuGet Package: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Syncfusion.XlsIO.Net.Core/20.4.0.50

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon