We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Question on TabControlAdv

I want to make the TabControlAdv look and feel like the MDI control but have it use a collection of user objects instead of Forms. What I want to know is, is there a way to get the X on the right hand side, so that the user can click it to close a tab (just like the VS.NET one). I would consider using the MDI Tab control, but this is all inside a child form that already in a MDI Container. Thanks Javier

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 20, 2004 05:22 PM UTC

Hi Javier, Thanks for your suggestion. We do have an open QA report# 480 in this regard, and I have updated it with your request. Though I am unable to promise you any turnaround time on this, rest assured, we will try our very best to implement this feature at the earliest, and include it in our future releases. We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 20, 2004 05:59 PM UTC

So I take it the answer is no (atleast for now). I do have a diffrent question. I have been playing around with the control and notice i can move the two arrows around, I am wondering, is there a way to add an additional button to these? Or if not, is there a way to expand the "blank" area on the side of the tabs. In other words, can i resize the tab area to be smaller than what it becomes when the arrow buttons are shown, so that I can have space to put my Close button. Thank you for your help. Javier

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 23, 2004 08:50 PM UTC

Hi Javier, Yes, the TabControlAdv does not support the close button feature like in MDI tabs presently. I have contacted the folks at the development team for their inputs on your second query, and will update you as soon as I have more information available. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon