I have a multi-page PDF document with multiple form fields on each page.
If I click the Download button in the Syncfusion PDF Viewer toolbar (or call `saveAsBlob` method), without interacting with the PDF document, the downloaded PDF does not contain the form fields from the last few pages.
I guess that this happens because, upon initialization, the component does not render all the pages with the form fields in the PDF (it renders only the first and the second page). If I scroll to the end of the document and then click the Download button, the downloaded PDF contains all the form fields.
Can you please help me with a solution?
We have tried to reproduce the reported issue but it is not reproducing on our end. We have shared the sample in which we have tried to reproduce the issue in the below link,
Try this sample and revert to us with the following details, if you have any concerns on this. This will be helpful for us to analyze further and provide the details.
Share the document
I've attached the sample document in which the issue can be reproduced. This document has 4 form fields as follows:
- at page 1: Textbox1, Textbox 2
- at page 60: Textbox1, Textbox 10
Unzip the attachement, then:
- open the PDF file (PDF_Succinctly_form_fields_.pdf) in the Stackblitz sample that you provided.
- immediately after loading, without scrolling in the document, click the Download button from the toolbar (or call `saveAsBlob` method).
- the generated PDF file will contain only 3 form fields as follows: (at page 1: Textbox1, Textbox 2; at page 60: Textbox 10).
- in the Stackblitz sample, scroll to page 60 (and wait until the page is rendered), then click the Download button from the toolbar. The generated PDF file will contain all the form fields.
We were able to reproduce the reported issue “Form field with the same name is missing while downloading” and suspect this to be a defect. We will validate it and update further details in two business days on January 09, 2023.
We have confirmed the issue "Form field with the same name in different page is missing while downloading" and logged it as a defect. The fix for the issue will be available in our upcoming weekly NuGet release on February 01, 2023. You can track the status of the issue through the following link.
Disclaimer: "Inclusion of this solution in the weekly release may change due to other factors including but not limited to QA checks and works reprioritization."
Sorry for the inconvenience. The fix for the reported issue was not included in our latest weekly release. However, it will be included in our upcoming weekly release on February 15, 2023.
We have fixed the reported issue "Form field with the same name in different page is missing while downloading" and the fix for the reported issue was included in our latest weekly release v126.96.36.199. Kindly upgrade to that version to get the issue resolved.
Service side package
ASP.NET Core :