i have attached a sample app.
the test mac is a macbook pro 15inch 2018
if you run it on a mac os device (Intel) and on a Windows device, you can see a massive performance gap between this two OS when you scroll down he sfDataGrid
the app even goes unresponsive on he mac sometimes.
We are able to reproduce the issue. We will validate and update the details on or before 15th Dec 2022. We appreciate your patience until then.
As of now, load the button directly to the CellTemplate property instead of using VerticalStackLayout for DataGridTemplate column, this will helps to improve the scrolling performance in Mac platform.
I am stuck at this point also.
I have 10 text columns and 100 rows in my test grid.
Scrolling performance is really good for winui, but for MacCatalyst, Ios and Android it is so much laggy (and not usable after afew fast scroll attempts)
8.0.0 preview.3.8149 (NET8 Preview3 SDK) published last week. Any updates for this issue on that version?
Thanks in advance
Edit: NET8 previee3 is not ready for MAUI yet. Updated .NET7 to last version, scrolling for android is good for now. But maccatalyst and Ios still scrolls laggy.
Currently we are validating the reported scenario on our end. We will update the details on or before 24th April 2022. We appreciate your patience until then.
For test info,
1) I am binding a DataTable to the DataGrid (not a List or a IEnumerable)
2) I am testing for Release profile
3) When i use a SfListView, create a grid into its datatemplate, put horizontal labels into the grid (creating a datagrid like layout) with 15-20 text columns horizontal and bind it to a 1000 rows ItemSource, SfListView scrolls smooth unlike SfDataGrid.
4) Horizontal scroll is slower than vertical scroll
5) While scrolling SfDataGrid to bottom of 1000 rows and scrolling up back, it goes slower.
6) Tried to disable horizontal and vertical grid lines, still same. Tried to disable font attributes and font family customizations, still same. I couldn't find a "wordwrap" like property for TextCell, so i couldn't try it.
7) Another thing is, when tapping a cell in ios, selection occurs 1 second after tap. I think this is designed like that in order to catch the double click. If so, that would be handy if this delay can be disabled when DoubleClick event is not assigned.
Reminder, for my tests this laggy scroll occurs in MacCatalyst and Ios (for winui scrolling is perfect and for android scrolling is acceptable)
Thanks in Advance, Best Regards
Any updates on this subject
(laggy scroll performance)
Hi Ender Karadag,
We able to see the scrolling performance is poor in iOS and we have logged it as a bug request to improve the scrolling performance. We will try to improve the scrolling performance in iOS and MacCatalyst in our upcoming releases. We will let you know once we provided smooth scrolling in iOS and MacCatalyst.