We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

XAML designer is busy when I insert a new DockingManager

When I add a new DockingManager component to my WPF project, XAML designer freezes immediately, then Visual Studio warns me "XAML designer is busy". Details:

• Problem started after the latest Visual Studio Community update to version 17.4.1
  • Syncfusion Essential Studio version: 20.3.0.56
  • The nuget package version: 20.3.0.58 (it's irrelevant to the problem anyway)
  • Project framework: .NET 7.0.100

What I tried already:
  • Restarted the PC after VS update
  • Cleaned project, deleted .suo file and tried again
  • Tried to open Syncfusion samples (no luck)
  • Tried to use other Syncfusion components (I can use them in the XAML designer)
  • After  "XAML designer is busy" warning, designer offers me "Click here to only display platform controls and reload the designer" option, which hides DockingManager component on the page but works fine.
  • In all situations, project can compile and run successfully, but without the XAML designer.

I kindly request you to review this.

Attachment: Errors_1347d154.zip

3 Replies 1 reply marked as answer

HN Harinath Navaneethakrishnan Syncfusion Team November 24, 2022 01:44 PM UTC

Hi Onur,

We are able to reproduce this issue from our end. This issue is already reported in Microsoft. Please find the details in the below link

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/t/174-hangs-when-using-custom-DesignModeV/10202018

We will update you once it is resolved.

Regards,

Harinath N

Marked as answer

ON Onur November 29, 2022 08:19 PM UTC

Hi again,

It seems like the issue resolved with Visual Studio version 17.4.2 update.

Thanks to the support team for their help.

GT Gokul Thanudhas Syncfusion Team December 1, 2022 03:06 AM UTC

We are glad to know that your issue has been fixed. Please let us know if you need any other assistance. We are happy to assist you. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon