We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Pasted Hyperlink not working as expected

I am using the SfRichTextEditor in my mobile app to send and receive HTML-Text from a server.

Whenever I insert a Hyperlink (either through the Toolbar or Copy & Paste), send it to the server, retrieve it again and click it, the Text in the Rich Text Editor disappears. It only happens on Android, iOS works fine.

I've already debugged everything and the HtmlText-Property of the Editor still has the correct value, it just doesn't display it. I can only see the placeholder. My nuget packages are all up to date.

an example of a Html string I'm reading into the Editor would be:

"<body><p style=\"text-align:left;text-indent:0pt;margin:0pt 0pt 0pt 0pt;\"><span style=\"color:#000000;background-color:transparent;font-family:Calibri;font-size:11pt;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;\"> <a rel='nofollow' href=\"www.syncfusion.com\" title=\"www.syncfusion.com\" style=\"color:#000000;background-color:transparent;font-family:Calibri;font-size:11pt;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;\"><span style=\"color:#0000FF;background-color:transparent;font-family:Calibri;font-size:11pt;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;text-decoration: underline;\">Hyperlink</span></a></span></p><p style=\"text-align:left;text-indent:0pt;margin:12pt 0pt 12pt 0pt;\"><span style=\"color:#000000;background-color:transparent;font-family:'Times New Roman';font-size:12pt;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;\"> </span></p></body>\r"

If I add the Hyperlink through the Toolbar and immediatly click it, without sending it to the server first, it works fine and the events fire as expected.

1 Reply

HD Hemalatha Duraisamy Syncfusion Team November 24, 2022 01:33 PM UTC

In your pervious update your mentioned to “Send and receive HTML-Text from a server”. Provide the following details to investigate further on this issue.  

1.Which server to be used.

2.Android version

3.Xamarin version

The above details will be more helpful for us to reproduce the issue in our side and assist you with the better solution at the earliest.  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon