We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

search text across two pages

Hi syncfusion team,

Are we able to search and highlight the text between two pages? Below is the js function. I tried but fail. Please advise. Thanks.

<script>

let viewer = document.getElementById('pdfviewer').ej2_instances[0];

viewer.textSearchModule.searchText(text);

</script>

Example:

3 Replies

CK Chinnamunia Karthik Chinna Thambi Syncfusion Team November 14, 2022 11:34 AM UTC

As per the current architecture of PDF Viewer control for the search module, we are searching the text page-by-page. If the searched text is in between the pages, we do not search that text and it is a default behavior.

JD Jinchuan DU November 15, 2022 09:06 AM UTC

Dear Sir/Madam,

I really cannot imagine that SyncFusion designed a product such that the searching of a string which is in between the pages is not allowed. Is this a good design?

Can you tell me any famous file viewer or editor which does not allow the search of a string in between the pages?

CK Chinnamunia Karthik Chinna Thambi Syncfusion Team November 16, 2022 10:30 AM UTC

We have checked the behavior for search text between two pages in competitor control as well as Acrobat reader. The search text is not working between two pages in Acrobat reader and it is the default behavior. We have shared the video recording for your reference.

Video: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/searchtext-655166892.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon