We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Kanban data refresh and reload issues

Hi,

I am using syncfusion Kanban(Javascript) with DataManager(UrlAdaptor) to get data from backend. I need help to resolve following issues:

1. I have some custom fields to show on cards. When I drag a card from one column to another, only the keyField's data get updated successfully. But the updated values of other custom fields are not shown on UI.
    On successful drop of card, a request get sent to server-side. Here, I am doing some operations which changes the values of my custom fields. And then save the data. Another request get sent to fetch the data from server-side. Here also the latest data sent in response. But this latest data does not shown on card UI.
  2. On single card drag/drop, whole Kanban data get reloaded. I tried to use flag 'enablePersistence=true' but the issue still exist. I want to reload data of only dropped card instead of whole Kanban data.
  3. There is a delay when dragging and dropping. Card will go back to original position after drop and then goes to new position once data get reloaded.
  4. I have some custom filters. When I apply them by setting 'query' field of Kanban, it sends request on server-side. How can I apply these filters on client-side data without sending request to server-side?

Please help me to resolve these issues.

Ej2 version: 19.4.48

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit Deshpande

6 Replies

VJ Vinitha Jeyakumar Syncfusion Team November 14, 2022 08:55 AM

Hi Abhijit,

Currently, we are validating your reported query. we will update you the further details on or before 17th November 2022.

Regards,
Vinitha

VJ Vinitha Jeyakumar Syncfusion Team November 18, 2022 10:13 AM

Hi Abhijit,

We have tried to replicate the reported issues at our end. but we couldn't replicate the issue. we have also prepared a sample for your reference.

Please check the sample above and provide us with the exact issue reproducing runnable sample to validate further on our end.

Regards,
Vinitha

AV Abhijit V. Deshpande replied to Vinitha Jeyakumar November 22, 2022 07:26 AM

Hi Vinitha,

Query-1When I drag a card from one column to another 'Location' field is get updated on server-side. This updated value not shown on UI. To replicate this please refer following sample.

Sample : https://stackblitz.com/edit/pmmemy-97nrql?file=index.html

Server side : Please refer attached file 'ScheduleCRUD_72c1a01e .zip'

Query-2On single card drag/drop, two requests get sent to server-side. 1st to save updated card data and 2nd to get whole Kanban data, I want to reload only single(updated) card here. Please refer following screenshot.

Screenshot:

Query-3There is a delay when dragging and dropping. I have added some delay at server-side on update card data. Therefore, card will go back to original position after drop and then goes to new position once data get reloaded as shown below.