We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Tooltip styling issues with Heatmap v. 20.3.0.56

Hello,

I'm currently testing out styling for the tooltip for the heatmap control using the blazor server demo project. I'm trying to style the tooltip to have a black background with white text, but the fill and color properties I'm altering within HeatMapTooltipSettings are not changing anything. Here is the code below:

@page "/heatmap-chart/tooltip-template"

@using Syncfusion.Blazor

@using Syncfusion.Blazor.HeatMap

@using sf_blazor_heatmapdata

@using SFHeatMap = Syncfusion.Blazor.HeatMap

@inherits SampleBaseComponent;

@inject NavigationManager NavigationManager

<SampleDescription>

<p>This sample visualizes the crude oil production of the Non-OPEC countries over the years. The data point values displayed are in million barrels per day units.</p>

</SampleDescription>

<ActionDescription>

<p>In this example, you can see how to customize the tooltip content in Heatmap. You can customize the tooltip content by using the <a target='_blank' rel='nofollow' href='https://help.syncfusion.com/cr/blazor/Syncfusion.Blazor.HeatMap.HeatMapEvents.html#Syncfusion_Blazor_HeatMap_HeatMapEvents_TooltipRendering'>TooltipRendering</a> event. </p>

<p>The Tooltip is enabled in this example. To see the tooltip in action, hover a point or tap on a point in touch-enabled devices.</p><br />

</ActionDescription>

<div class="control-section">

<SfHeatMap DataSource="@DataSource" Theme="@theme">

<HeatMapEvents TooltipRendering="@TooltipRendering"></HeatMapEvents>

<HeatMapTitleSettings Text="Crude Oil Production of Non-OPEC Countries (in Million barrels per day)"></HeatMapTitleSettings>

<HeatMapXAxis Labels="@XLabels"

LabelRotation="45"

LabelIntersectAction="@SFHeatMap.LabelIntersectAction.None">

</HeatMapXAxis>

<HeatMapYAxis Labels="@YLabels"></HeatMapYAxis>

<HeatMapPaletteSettings>

<HeatMapPalettes>

<HeatMapPalette Value="0" Color="#C2E7EC"></HeatMapPalette>

<HeatMapPalette Value="0.6" Color="#AEDFE6"></HeatMapPalette>

<HeatMapPalette Value="0.75" Color="#9AD7E0"></HeatMapPalette>

<HeatMapPalette Value="1" Color="#86CFDA"></HeatMapPalette>

<HeatMapPalette Value="1.5" Color="#72C7D4"></HeatMapPalette>

<HeatMapPalette Value="2" Color="#5EBFCE"></HeatMapPalette>

<HeatMapPalette Value="2.5" Color="#4AB7C8"></HeatMapPalette>

<HeatMapPalette Value="3" Color="#36AFC2"></HeatMapPalette>

<HeatMapPalette Value="3.5" Color="#309DAE"></HeatMapPalette>

<HeatMapPalette Value="5" Color="#2B8C9B"></HeatMapPalette>

<HeatMapPalette Value="5.5" Color="#257A87"></HeatMapPalette>

<HeatMapPalette Value="6" Color="#206974"></HeatMapPalette>

<HeatMapPalette Value="8" Color="#1B5761"></HeatMapPalette>

<HeatMapPalette Value="9" Color="#15464D"></HeatMapPalette>

<HeatMapPalette Value="9.5" Color="#000000"></HeatMapPalette>

</HeatMapPalettes>

</HeatMapPaletteSettings>

<HeatMapCellSettings Format="{value}M">

<HeatMapCellBorder Width="0" Color="#98BABF"></HeatMapCellBorder>

</HeatMapCellSettings>

<HeatMapTooltipSettings Fill="#ffffff">

<HeatMapTooltipBorder Width="1"></HeatMapTooltipBorder>

<HeatMapFont Size="12px" Color="#000000"></HeatMapFont>

</HeatMapTooltipSettings>

<HeatMapLegendSettings Visible="false">

</HeatMapLegendSettings>

</SfHeatMap>

</div>

@code{

private Theme theme { get; set; }

string[] XLabels = new string[] { "Canada", "China", "Egypt", "Mexico", "Norway", "Russia", "UK", "USA" };

string[] YLabels = new string[] { "2001", "2002", "2003", "2004", "2005", "2006", "2007", "2008", "2009", "2010" };

double[,] DataSource = HeatMapData.GetTooltipData();

public void TooltipRendering(TooltipEventArgs args)

{

args.Content = new string[] { "<b>testing bold</b>" + "In " + args.YLabel + ", the " + args.XLabel + " produced " + args.Value + " million barrels per day" };

}

protected override void OnInitialized()

{

theme = HeatmapThemeHelper.GetCurrentHeatmapTheme(NavigationManager.Uri);

}

}

It's possible that I'm using the wrong properties, but from what I can tell, it's not doing what I'm expecting it to do. any advice is appreciated

3 Replies

IR Indumathi Ravi Syncfusion Team November 11, 2022 04:35 PM UTC

Hi John,

We are able to reproduce the reported issue with the provided code snippet. Currently, we are facing issues with customizing the tooltip background color and text color in the HeatMap component. We have considered this a defect and logged a defect report for it. We will include the fix in our weekly patch release, which is expected to be available by the end of November 2022. Please use the below feedback link to keep track of the reported issue.

https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/39032

JT John T November 28, 2022 06:29 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for the update.  I can see that it has been pushed back to December. Currently our tooltip is more or less unreadable, Can you reccomend a workaround for now? Do you know the selector path that I can use to override the styling?

IR Indumathi Ravi Syncfusion Team November 29, 2022 03:49 PM UTC

Hi John,

We have fixed the reported issue - “Tooltip customization is not working properly in HeatMap component” and included the fix in our weekly patch release(v20.3.59). You need to update the “Syncfusion.Blazor.HeatMap” package to latest version and refer the latest version of “syncfusion-blazor.min.js” script file in your application to resolve the reported issue. You can find the latest package and script link below.

Package: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Syncfusion.Blazor.HeatMap/

Script: https://cdn.syncfusion.com/blazor/20.3.59/syncfusion-blazor.min.js

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon