We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Drop file to sfkanban -> Get column name

Hi,

I would like to drop a file from Windows Explorer to a kanban.

In the .drop event, how can I get the column where I dropped and the filename of the dropped file(s) to create a new card?

Thank you. Marco

3 Replies 1 reply marked as answer

SS SaiGanesh Sakthivel Syncfusion Team November 10, 2022 10:03 AM UTC

#Regading Option to drag and drop a card from an external source in SfKanban

We have checked your requirement from our side. As of now, the kanban does not have support for the same. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases.

At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We will let you know when this feature is implemented. We appreciate your patience until then.

You can also communicate with us regarding the open features any time using our Feature Report page. 

Feedback: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/14647/option-to-drag-and-drop-a-card-from-an-external-source-in-sfkanban

If you have any more specifications/suggestions to the feature request, you can add it as a comment in the portal and cast your vote to make it count.

MU Marco Uffelmann replied to SaiGanesh Sakthivel November 11, 2022 08:45 AM UTC

Hi,

It possible to get the filename including the path from the file dropped from Windows Explorer to the sfKanban.

Dim files() As String = e.Data.GetData(DataFormats.FileDrop)

Marked as answer

SS SaiGanesh Sakthivel Syncfusion Team November 11, 2022 02:37 PM UTC

As per the implementation of SfKanban, there is no support to get the external file name to the SfKanban column.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon