We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Bullets formatting error when copying and pasting from MS Word

Hi,

I'm using the SfDocumentEditorContainer control (version 20.3.0.56).

I set the component property EnableLocalPaste=false to use the system clipboard.

When I copy and paste text with bullets from MS Word, the text is displayed as expected:

But when I save the content and then reload it, the bullet points are replaced with question marks (?).

I'm saving the content as:

var content = await container.DocumentEditor.SerializeAsync();

And loading the content as:

container.DocumentEditor.OpenAsync(content);

Any advice how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

3 Replies

DS Dhanush Sekar Syncfusion Team November 18, 2022 05:42 AM UTC

We have tried to replicate the reported issue. We couldn't reproduce it on our end.

Could you please share the document that you used to copy and paste the content? It will be beneficial to validate this further and provide you with a solution as soon as possible.

SM Sam Mendes December 6, 2022 02:03 AM UTC

Hi Dhanush,

Apologies for the late reply.

I was able to fix this one myself, for anyone having the same issue this was caused by the bullet points being saved as Unicode when serialized.

If you save this to a database, make sure the column is of type NVARCHAR to allow for Unicode characters.

You can close this thread now.

Regards,

SM Suriya Murugan Syncfusion Team December 9, 2022 06:22 AM UTC

Sam, we are glad that you have resolved your issue at your end and thanks for sharing it with us.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon