We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid randomly throws exception: Uncaught DOMException: Failed to execute 'removeChild' on 'Node': The node to be remove

Hi,

Since updating from v20.2.48 to v20.3.50 our grid will randomly throw an exception when paginating or when sorting columns. Updating to v20.3.56 makes no difference either.

Source code:

10 Replies 1 reply marked as answer

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team November 9, 2022 11:22 AM UTC

Hi Jack Dunn,

In our EJ2 Grid, the “Row Template” feature is not compatible with paging and sorting features. Please refer to the below documentation for more limitations of Row Template feature.

https://ej2.syncfusion.com/react/documentation/grid/row/row-template/#limitations

Regards,

Pavithra S

JD Jack Dunn replied to Pavithra Subramaniyam November 11, 2022 08:01 AM UTC

Hi Pavithra,

Is there any work around or support for this in future?

Features like pagination and sorting are absolutely critical and, in my opinion, should not be affected by what the row template renders. The row template is merely a way of rendering data on the grid and I can't see why it should break the ability to paginate/sort seeing as the underlying grid data remains unaffected.

In addition, the grid does initially load with these features enabled, and we are able to paginate successfully a few times and then it randomly breaks. Therefore I believe this is fixable.

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team November 14, 2022 01:37 PM UTC

Hi Jack Dunn,

Currently, we are validating the feasibility of the “Support for data actions like paging, sorting with row template feature” at our end. So, we will update further details on November 16th, 2022. Until then we appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Pavithra S

Marked as answer

VU Vukašin December 15, 2022 07:50 PM UTC

Is this also the case with column templates as I have a problem when I define column template? Column is displayed properly and whole grid looks fine, but after I click on sort of any column or search, this error message is thrown. But if I remove column template, then it works properly.

VU Vukašin December 16, 2022 01:41 PM UTC

A follow up on the previous post, I'll attach here code for the page where you can see how we implemented it and also check if anything is missing. I'll repeat, everything is displayed correctly, column template works, but when we try to sort any of the columns or use search, exception is thrown (it's displayed on the screenshot provided in the zip file).

Attachment: code_500ffa3f.zip

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team December 19, 2022 12:21 PM UTC

Vukašin,

Recently we have fixed the reported error which occurs when the state is changed with React Grid template element. Please refer to the below release notes.

https://ej2.syncfusion.com/react/documentation/release-notes/20.3.58/?type=all#grid

So, we suggest updating the Syncfusion package to the latest version to overcome the reported issue.

Steps to update the packages:

1. Delete the package.lock.json file from your application.
  2. Remove the @syncfusion folder from your project.
  3. Use the latest version (^20.3.61 or use *) for all the Syncfusion components in the package.json file.
  4. Then execute npm install command.

VU Vukašin December 27, 2022 02:24 PM UTC

We are already using the latest version, 20.3.60/61 but that is still happening. Sorry for late reply as I did not get the notification. Can you please look into this again?

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team December 29, 2022 02:21 PM UTC

Vukašin,

We have tried to reproduce the reported issue at our end, but the column template is working fine at our end. Please refer to the below sample for more information.

https://stackblitz.com/edit/react-kor35c?file=index.js

If you are still facing the issue, please share an issue reproducible sample or try to reproduce the issue in the given sample which will be helpful for us to validate on our side.

NB Naveed Butt June 12, 2023 07:28 AM UTC

This is still happening for us. We are using column template and whenever we click on the Sort or Paging it crashes with the above error.

PFA the list component.

Attachment: RolesList_e9f11411.zip

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team June 13, 2023 11:46 AM UTC

Hi Jack Dunn,

We suspect that the issue occurs due to the react component is refreshed while performing any Grid actions.
To prevent the refresh for template columns, we need to use statelessTemplates while updating state values with the template feature enabled in the grid component. Also, we would like to inform you that, we provided support for this since Vol 4 release. So please update your Syncfusion packages to the latest and set the statelessTemplate property to resolve the problem.

<GridComponent

statelessTemplates={['directiveTemplates']}

>

</GridComponent>

If you are still facing the issue, please share an issue reproducible sample which will be helpful for us to validate further.

Regards,

Pavithra S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon