We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid randomly throws exception: Uncaught DOMException: Failed to execute 'removeChild' on 'Node': The node to be remove

Hi,

Since updating from v20.2.48 to v20.3.50 our grid will randomly throw an exception when paginating or when sorting columns. Updating to v20.3.56 makes no difference either.

Source code:

3 Replies 1 reply marked as answer

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team November 9, 2022 06:22 AM

Hi Jack Dunn,

In our EJ2 Grid, the “Row Template” feature is not compatible with paging and sorting features. Please refer to the below documentation for more limitations of Row Template feature.

https://ej2.syncfusion.com/react/documentation/grid/row/row-template/#limitations

Regards,

Pavithra S

JD Jack Dunn replied to Pavithra Subramaniyam November 11, 2022 03:01 AM

Hi Pavithra,

Is there any work around or support for this in future?

Features like pagination and sorting are absolutely critical and, in my opinion, should not be affected by what the row template renders. The row template is merely a way of rendering data on the grid and I can't see why it should break the ability to paginate/sort seeing as the underlying grid data remains unaffected.

In addition, the grid does initially load with these features enabled, and we are able to paginate successfully a few times and then it randomly breaks. Therefore I believe this is fixable.

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team November 14, 2022 08:37 AM

Hi Jack Dunn,

Currently, we are validating the feasibility of the “Support for data actions like paging, sorting with row template feature” at our end. So, we will update further details on November 16th, 2022. Until then we appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Pavithra S

Marked as answer
Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon