We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Bounding Box functionality.

Hi,

Does the mapping control feature any form of bounding box element ? pretty much all mapping modules for many years now have some form of bounding tool to be able to set the view to an area of co-ordinates etc to ensure they all appear within the view.

Here is the Openstreetmap wiki on exactly what I mean, hopefully you can confirm if this is already within, or I will have to write my own work around.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bounding_Box#:~:text=A%20bounding%20box%20(usually%20shortened,number%20between%20%2D180.0%20and%20180.0.

Regards,

Andy.

3 Replies

IR Indumathi Ravi Syncfusion Team November 9, 2022 10:48 PM UTC

Hi Andy,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

The Maps component does not support bounding box functionality. The Maps component renders tile images from online map providers such as OSM, Bing Maps, and others. We do not use or support any of the APIs provided by online map providers. We discovered that the bounding box provides the coordinates of the rectangle against the map coordinates when the rectangle shape is drawn over the map by analyzing the examples available in the provided link. We do not have this support. Please let us know, however, if this is your exact requirement for the Maps component. We will analyze the feasibility of this once you confirm it.

Regards,

Indumathi R.

AD Andy Donegan November 10, 2022 09:05 AM UTC

Hi Indumathi,

Thank you very much for the confirmation it is appreciated. I can write a work around but it would be ideal if Syncfusion would look into this as a future update or have a discussion relating to it. I can only say it is a feature I have used many times across multiple sites and would only add to your product ;) 

Regards,

Andy

IR Indumathi Ravi Syncfusion Team November 11, 2022 04:36 PM UTC

We have considered your requirement as feature and added it to our features request list. We do not have immediate plans to implement this feature. However, we will include this implementation in any of our upcoming releases. Meanwhile, please find the feedback link below to keep track of this feature.

https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/39038

You can communicate with us or track the status of the feature using the above feedback link.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon