We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DateTimeCategory Sort

I'm using the date time category axis type on my chart because I want to remove weekends. The issue is that even with my data that I'm binding to being properly sorted, the chart doesn't follow that sort. I have two questions - 1) Can I fix the sorting issue? and 2) Is there a way to remove specific days from the chart using the date time axis type? I'd much rather use that type, but I need weekends removed.

I can provide code if needed, but thought this was more of a high-level question.

2 Replies

DG Durga Gopalakrishnan Syncfusion Team November 8, 2022 03:03 PM UTC

Hi Brian,

By default, datetimecategory axis labels will render based on index, so labels will be displayed as per specified order. Your requirement can be achieved using sorting feature. As of now, we don’t have sorting support for chart series points. So, we have considered your requirement as feature and logged a feature request on this. Based on other logged tasks priority, we will include this feature in any of upcoming release. You can keep track of the feature from the feedback portal below. 

Feedback Link :  https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/38932/sorting-support-for-chart-series-points

If you have any more specification/precise replication procedure or a scenario to be tested, you can add it as a comment in the portal.

Regards,

Durga Gopalakrishnan.

DG Durga Gopalakrishnan Syncfusion Team March 27, 2023 08:38 AM UTC

Hi Brian,

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2023 Volume 1 Main Release v21.1.35 is rolled out. We have included the sorting support for chart and is available for download under the following link.

Essential Studio 2023 Volume 1 Main Release v21.1.35 is available for download | Announcements Forums | Syncfusion

Sample Link: https://blazor.syncfusion.com/demos/chart/datasorting?theme=fluent

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards,

Durga Gopalakrishnan.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon