We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Listview perfomance on android

hi all,

i have a list view with Grid visualization with 30 items and with TemplateSelector and 

IsScrollingEnabled="False" (i'm loading all items)

Just on android i can see many of GC messages as these when the app loads the listview.

is there a way to optimize it since is slow?

thanks

Explicit concurrent copying GC freed 34874(1253KB) AllocSpace objects, 0(0B) LOS objects, 49% free, 16MB/32MB, paused 85us,103us total 144.294ms

1 Reply

SY Suthi Yuvaraj Syncfusion Team November 7, 2022 09:31 PM

As GC messages are Garbage Collection messages, which serves as an automatic memory manager. The garbage collector manages the allocation and release of memory for an application.It means your app is using memory and it is being freed by the GC(Garbage Collector).If the memory requirements are not too high you won't see GC firing up a lot of time to free the memory. We have checked the SfListView with TemplateSelector , Grid Layout and IsScrollingEnable is False , also with Framework controls, the GC message occurs as you have mention . this GC message is common in Android with complex templates. We have attached the tested sample for your reference which performance is fine for complex template.

Please let us know if your still facing the any issue , share the below  details which will be more helpful for us to find the solution as soon as possible

1. Code snippet related to ItemTemplates
  2. Code snippet related to SfListView settings
  3. Code snippet related to DataPopulation
  4. Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfListView and Xamarin.Forms version.
  5. Replication video to reproduce the issue.

Attachment: ListViewXamarin_6c7b95d1.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon