We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SpeedDial Component

Hello,

First of all, I'm sorry that my post is in the wrong Control category, but I couldn't find SpeedDial in the list.

I'm using Syncfusion.Blazor.Buttons version 20.3.0.52 and I noticed that a SpeedDial with only one item throws DivideByZeroException (Radial Mode). While one could argue that it doesn't make sense to have SpeedDial with only one item, I think that a library should not throw exceptions like this.

I would also like to ask how the StartAngle and EndAngle properties of SpeedDialRadialSettings. I have BottomRight position, and I would like to start at 170° and finish at 100° but it doesn't seem to work.

Where is the 0°?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

Ivan Temelkov

3 Replies

NV Navin Vinayagam Syncfusion Team November 9, 2022 08:01 AM UTC

Hello Ivan,

Thanks for taking the time, to bring to our notice the exception when using the speed dial with one item. 

We will check and resolve the exception.

Regarding your query about the angles, the 0-degree is in the middle of the right side and increases clockwise. (90-degree is at the bottom, 180 is at the left, and 270 is at the top.)

Based on the provided details, we believe you want to show the items at a 10-degree distance from the bottom and right boundaries of the bottom-right position.

Refer to below code snippet for your requirement.

<SfSpeedDial Position="FabPosition.BottomRight" Mode="SpeedDialMode.Radial" OpenIconCss="e-icons e-edit">

<SpeedDialRadialSettings StartAngle="190" EndAngle="260" OffSet="70px"></SpeedDialRadialSettings>

<SpeedDialItems>

<SpeedDialItem IconCss="e-icons e-cut" />

<SpeedDialItem IconCss="e-icons e-copy" />

<SpeedDialItem IconCss="e-icons e-paste" />

</SpeedDialItems>

</SfSpeedDial>

Below is the output:

Check the above details and get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Regarding,

Navin V

IT Ivan Temelkov replied to Navin Vinayagam November 9, 2022 08:54 AM UTC

Hello Navin,

thank you very much for your reply!

Your example makes it clear how to tweak the positioning of the items.

I could say that my problem was not with the position of the 0°, but with the clockwise increase of the angle.

Since you don't use the standard counterclockwise increase widely used in Trigonometry, I suggest that you specify this in your documentation.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Math_Trigonometry_Unit_Circle_Rotation_Sign_Indication.svg#/media/File:Math_Trigonometry_Unit_Circle_Rotation_Sign_Indication.svg

Thank you once again for the support!

Best regards,
Ivan

NV Navin Vinayagam Syncfusion Team November 9, 2022 09:09 AM UTC

Hello Ivan,

Sure, we will definitely cover the clockwise increase of angle along with the other topics we are currently preparing to include in the documentation.

Once again, thanks for your valuable input and for helping us to serve you better.

Regards,

Navin V

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon