We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Not responsive for OutGoingMessage

Hello. I'm trying to cusomize my SfChat element in a xamarin forms app. I'm facing weird issue with OutGoing messages. Some proprierties are not responsive. I attach my simple project. in ChatPage.xaml file i comment the lines that don't work properly. 

take a look at these propierties

<Color x:Key="sfChatOutgoingMessageTextColor">black</Color> <!-- it doesn't work -->

<Color x:Key="SfChatOutgoingMessageBackgroundColor">red</Color> <!-- it doesn't work -->

and this is what i get. colors of text and background are not black and red

Any idea how to solve this issue?

Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone 13 - 2022-11-02 at 10.46.04.png

Attachment: SfChatSample_20529102.zip

1 Reply

SV Suja Venkatesan Syncfusion Team November 3, 2022 02:50 PM UTC

We'd like to inform you that the key for changing the background color of an outgoing message is SyncPrimaryColor and the key for changing the text color is SyncPrimaryForegroundColor. Please refer the code snippet .

Code Snippet:

<ResourceDictionary>

<Color x:Key="SyncPrimaryColor">Black</Color>

<Color x:Key="SyncPrimaryForegroundColor">Red</Color>

Please refer to our user guidelines documentation regarding styling outgoing message in the below link.

UG link: https://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/chat/styles#outgoing-message-styling

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon