We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ValueChanged and CursorPositionChanging do not populate it's value

Hi

I have an SfMaskEdit mapped to some regex... but no relevant I think.

I noticed that the valueChanged does no fire if I just delete a single char - but fires when we move away (lost focus)

CursorPositionChanging does fire when deleting a single char but the value is null and only populated when losing focus?

Is this intended behavior?

Or bug?

many thanks

3 Replies

ET Eswaran Thirugnanasambandam Syncfusion Team November 2, 2022 12:39 PM UTC

Query: I noticed that the valueChanged does no fire if I just delete a single char - but fires when we move away (lost focus)

In SfMaskedEdit control, the ValueChanged Event will be called based the Validation mode property. When the validation mode is Lostfocus, then the value changed event will be called only when the control is unfocused. When the validation mode is KeyPress, then the value changed event will be called every time when entering the values. The default value for validation mode is LostFocus, so only the ValueChanged Event is called on lost focus. Please refer to the below user guide documentation link for more information.

https://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/masked-entry/events#valuechanged-event

Query: CursorPositionChanging does fire when deleting a single char but the value is null and only populated when losing focus?

We prepared a simple sample and check the reported problem “CursorPositionChanging does fire when deleting a single character, but the value is null and only populated when losing focus” in all the platforms. But we are unable to replicate the issue from our side. Please get the sample and video from the below attachment.

If you still face any problem, can you revert us by modifying the sample based on your application scenario. It will help us provide an appropriate solution at the earliest.

Attachment: Mastededit_b7ba272d.zip

MT Mobile Team November 3, 2022 12:52 PM UTC

Thanks for your reply. I missed that validationMode...

ET Eswaran Thirugnanasambandam Syncfusion Team November 3, 2022 03:30 PM UTC

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon