We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

error sorting when using mixed data types

This started after I upgraded recently. I'm using 20.3.0.47.

So, for my one table I'm using SfDataGrid and using ExpandoObject. I'm populating one field with Double values except I was defaulting the value to 0 which was technically an int32 since I didn't use 0d. When doing that and trying to sort a column I was getting the error I have attached. Basically it can't compare Object to Double.

Obviously, I can fix the problem but I figured I'd mention it. It seems like something common that people might do and comparing double to int shouldn't be a big issue and it had worked before.

Attachment: sorterror_c13f67cf.zip

7 Replies 1 reply marked as answer

DM Dhanasekar Mohanraj Syncfusion Team November 1, 2022 02:07 PM UTC

We have checked the reported issue with the mentioned version (20.3.0.47). Here, we have attached the tested sample and a video demo for your reference. Please have a look at this. Could you please confirm if we missed anything?

Attachment: Sample__VideoDemo_c6a69130.zip

JO John November 1, 2022 05:16 PM UTC

Here's how I reproduce it. I'll attach a project example. I just add an SfDataGrid to XAML and dynamically add a column and some data.

var column = new GridNumericColumn

{

MappingName = "Test",

HeaderText = "Test Column"

};

dataGrid.Columns.Add(column);

var list = new List<IDictionary<string, object>>();

var row = new ExpandoObject() as dynamic;

row.Test = 5.5;

list.Add(row);

row = new ExpandoObject();

row.Test = 10.0;

list.Add(row);

row = new ExpandoObject();

row.Test = 0; // changing to 0d works

list.Add(row);

dataGrid.ItemsSource = list;

Attachment: SyncfusionSfDataGridTest_30df5a29.zip

DM Dhanasekar Mohanraj Syncfusion Team November 2, 2022 02:08 PM UTC

Currently, we can reproduce the reported issue. In the initial update, you mentioned that you were facing the reported issue after upgrading only. So, could you please share the Syncfusion version that was used previously? Without facing the reported issue, it will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you with a solution as soon as possible.

JO John November 2, 2022 04:10 PM UTC

It had been a while. I was using 20.2.0.36 before updating.

DM Dhanasekar Mohanraj Syncfusion Team November 3, 2022 02:36 PM UTC

We have checked the reported issue on our end. In that, we have used the OrderBy method to sort the records. When you are performing the sorting operations with mixed datatypes the reported problems occur in the framework itself. By default, if you need to sort any column you should populate it with the same datatype values. However, You can overcome the reported issue by using the “0d” as you mentioned.

JO John November 3, 2022 04:59 PM UTC

Yeah it's not a big problem. I only had to make 1 small change. Just thought I'd mention it as it seems like something that could be handled and did used to work. Maybe there's some overheard but the LINQ .Cast<columnType> or something

DM Dhanasekar Mohanraj Syncfusion Team November 7, 2022 02:14 PM UTC

No, you can overcome the reported issue by using “0d” which is good enough. If you are satisfied with our response, please mark it as an answer. Otherwise, please let us know if you have any further queries on this. We are happy to help you.

Marked as answer
Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon