We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Error setting data source in grid when grid has frozen columns in version 20.3.0.47

Hi,

I have this grid 

On the first render, when the datasource doesn't have any records there is no problem, and when I press the button to get the data, something like this, still no problem

But when i clear it with new datasource 

It show error 

But when i try older version 19.4.0.52, it runs without errors. Can you check it ?

Here is my code 

<SfGrid ID="gridShiiresaki" TValue="DataShiiresaki_GiosSirHelp"

Width="auto"

Height="460px"

DataSource="@gridShiiresakiDataSource"

@ref="gridShiiresaki"

AllowResizing="true">

<GridSelectionSettings PersistSelection="true" Mode="SelectionMode.Row"></GridSelectionSettings>

<GridColumns>

<GridColumn Field=@(nameof(DataShiiresaki_GiosSirHelp.Column1)) HeaderText="Test" AutoFit="true" IsFrozen="true" />

<GridColumn Field=@(nameof(DataShiiresaki_GiosSirHelp.Column2)) HeaderText="Test2" AutoFit="true" IsFrozen="true" />

<GridColumn Field=@(nameof(DataShiiresaki_GiosSirHelp.Column3)) AutoFit="true" />

</GridColumns>

</SfGrid>

@code{

private List<DataShiiresaki_GiosSirHelp> gridShiiresakiDataSource = new();

private SfGrid<DataShiiresaki_GiosSirHelp> gridShiiresaki;

private class DataShiiresaki_GiosSirHelp

{

public string Column1 { get; set; }

public string Column2 { get; set; }

public string Column3 { get; set; }

}

}

Regards,

Thanh Ha.

8 Replies 1 reply marked as answer

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team October 26, 2022 07:09 AM UTC

Hi Thanh ha,

Greetings from Syncfusion support.

We have already considered it as an bug and logged an issue  “From 20.3.0.47, Exception occur when trying to clear the datasource in frozen enabled Grid.” for the same. Thank you for taking time to report this issue and helping us to improve our product. At Syncfusion, we are committed to fix all validated defects (subject to technological feasibility and Product Development Life Cycle) and this fix will be included in our upcoming release which is expected to be rolled out on or before 3rd November, 2022.

You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link.       

https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/38104/exception-thrown-after-upgrading-to-20-3-47

Disclaimer: “Inclusion of this solution in the weekly release may change due to other factors including but not limited to QA checks and works reprioritization”

Until then we appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Vignesh Natarajan

TH Thanh Ha October 26, 2022 07:45 AM UTC

Hi   Vignesh Natarajan ,

Thank you for your help. Looking forward to your solution.

Best Regards,

Thanh Ha

SP Sarveswaran Palani Syncfusion Team October 29, 2022 07:04 AM UTC

Hi Thanh,

Thanks for an update.

We'll inform you, once issue was fixed.

until then we appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Sarveswaran PK

SP Sarveswaran Palani Syncfusion Team November 15, 2022 04:18 AM UTC

Hi Thanh Ha,

We are glad to announce that, we have included fix for the issue “From 20.3.0.47, Exception occur when trying to clear the datasource in frozen enabled Gridin our release (20.3.0.56).  So please upgrade to our latest version of Syncfusion NuGet package to resolve the reported issue. Please find the Nuget package for latest fixes and features from below.

Nuget : https://www.nuget.org/packages/Syncfusion.Blazor.Grid

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards,            

Sarveswaran PK

Marked as answer

TH Thanh Ha November 17, 2022 12:34 AM UTC

Hi  Sarveswaran Palani

Thanks you very much

Regards,

Thanh Ha

SG Suganya Gopinath Syncfusion Team November 17, 2022 08:50 PM UTC

We hope the provided fix helped to solve the issue. Please get back to us for further assistance. 

We are marking ticket as solved.

TH Thanh Ha November 18, 2022 02:14 AM UTC

Hi Suganya Gopinath

There one more problem. In the grid above, i add one more control (ex: SfTextBox)

I focused in that text box, I pressed tab , it focused to the grid and then i pressed tab one again. It show error Can you check it ? when i run in a older version, it still work properly

Regards,

Thanh Ha

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team November 29, 2022 02:00 PM UTC

Hi Thanh Ha,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue at our end while ensuring the reported issue using our Latest version. Refer to the attached sample for your reference.

If you are still facing the reported issue, kindly get back to us with more details about the issue.

Regards,

Vignesh Natarajan

Attachment: BlazorGrid_2df7593d.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon