We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Control has an SelectedItems which has documentation that is beyond horrible.

The following is docs from Syncfusion about SfListView in Maui.

<syncfusion:SfListView x:Name="listView" ItemsSource="{Binding MusicInfo}" SelectedItems="{Binding SelectedItems}">
</syncfusion:SfListView>

So I put in my code the following: 

<syncfusion:SfListView ItemsSource="{Binding teamList}" SelectionMode="Multiple" SelectedItems="{Binding selectedTeams}" >

and I get the following:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State

Error XHR0013 The property "SelectedItems" does not have an accessible setter. NHLMauiApp C:\Visual Stuido Stuff\Maui\NHLMauiApp\Views\SchedulerView.xaml 229

You would think that when people put documentation in (usually the last thing) that what they write might be accurate.  In evaluating your Maui controls Syncfusion has proved itself to be quite incompetent.

With everything like this (and there are many) the people I am doing the evaluation of your controls for wonders why these even exist if the company does not know what they do and how 

2 Replies

LS Lloyd Sheen October 20, 2022 12:54 PM

Ok this is even worse than I first thought. If you use the properties window in VS you can see the SelectedItems property (still doesn't work) but if you and typing the XAML this property does not show up. Confusion reigns as at the present I have no idea whether or not there is a property or not and whether it works if it exists.

SY Suthi Yuvaraj Syncfusion Team October 21, 2022 04:25 AM

Hi Lloyd,

We have checked the reported query “Control has an SelectedItems which has documentation that is beyond horrible.” We would like to let you know that The “SelectedItems” property in SfListView is a read only property and it is used to get the SelectedItems  and select the items by adding the underlying object to the SfListView.SelectedItems property.We have checked the reported scenario which works fine. We have attached the sample and documentation for your reference and let us know if you are still facing the issue,

UG Link: https://help.syncfusion.com/maui/listview/selection#programmatic-selection

If yes please modify the sample to reproduce the issue or share the below details , which will be more helpful for us to find the solution as soon as possible

1. Code snippet related to SfListView and data population
  2. Code snippet related property which bound to the SelectedItems of SfListView
  3. Issue replication procedure or illustration video
  4. SfListView version and .NET version

Regards,

Suthi Yuvaraj

Attachment: ListViewMaui_9fbe459e.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon