We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Facing multiple issues while converting Presentation slides to images ~from F150204

Hi Akash,

The release has fixed the issue that has been sent from Christiano in the zip file, but unfortunately we found some more while trying to convert some more ppts files into images. 

I've been trying a work around, by converting them into pdf and then into images, still using syncfusion, but with no success.
Attached you can find the code & the files that are causing issues.

If this can please be looked into and advice if there is any other way in order to avoid these issues.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Thanks
Anxhela

Attachment: SyncfusionApp_19102022_e45dc045.zip

17 Replies

AN Anto Nihil Sahaya Raj Syncfusion Team October 20, 2022 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Anxhela,

We have reproduced the following reported issues while converting a PowerPoint slide to Image at our end.

Presentation document name

Issues

Recruitment agency Managed Service supply components (1) (1)

NullReferenceException throws

2022-02-24 Nutreco Category Report MRO v1.0

Hanging occurs

Category Plan_L&D_R&B_detailed_Nationwide BS (1) (1)

Text overlapped in first page

Logo missing in third page

We suspect it to be a defect. We will validate this issue and update you with more details on 26th October 2022.

Regards,
Anto Nihil S

AA Akash Arul Syncfusion Team October 26, 2022 05:41 PM UTC

Hi Anxhela,

Issues

Recruitment agency Managed Service supply components (1) (1)

NullReferenceException throws while parsing the Picture bullet of SmartArt shape:

We have confirmed that the reported issue NullReferenceException throws while parsing the Picture bullet of SmartArt shape” is a defect and we have logged a defect report. We will include the fix for this defect in our weekly NuGet release which is estimated to be available on 08th November 2022.

The status of this bug can be tracked through the below link:
https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/38672/nullreferenceexception-throws-while-parsing-the-picture-bullet-of-smartart-shape

Disclaimer: “Inclusion of this solution in the weekly release may change due to other factors including but not limited to QA checks and works reprioritization.”

Hanging occurs while converting a PowerPoint slide to Image

Currently we are validating the issue. We will update the details on 28th October, 2022

Text overlapped while converting a PowerPoint slide to Image

Currently we are validating the issue. We will update the details on 28th October, 2022

Logo missing while converting a PowerPoint slide to Image

In .NET Core targeting applications, metafile images such as EMF and WMF have some limitations. So, those images will not preserve in Presentation document to Image/PDF conversion using Essential Presentation.
As a work around to preserve the expected images in the Image/PDF, we suggest you to convert the EMF image format to JPEG or PNG and then convert the Presentation document to Image/PDF in order to preserve the image in the Image/PDF.

Regards,
Akash A.

AA Akash Arul Syncfusion Team October 28, 2022 06:11 PM UTC

Hi Anxhela

Issues

Text overlapped while converting a PowerPoint slide to Image
We have confirmed that the reported issue Placeholder is not positioned properly while converting a PowerPoint slide to Image” is a defect and we have logged a defect report. We will include the fix for this defect in our weekly NuGet release which is estimated to be available on 15th November 2022.

https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/38741/placeholder-is-not-positioned-properly-while-converting-a-powerpoint-slide-to

Disclaimer: “Inclusion of this solution in the weekly release may change due to other factors including but not limited to QA checks and works reprioritization.”

Hanging occurs while converting a PowerPoint slide to Image

Currently, we are working on this issue with high priority and will update you with more details on 01st November 2022 without further delay.

Regards,
Akash A.

AA Akash Arul Syncfusion Team November 1, 2022 03:22 PM UTC

Regarding Hanging occurs while converting a PowerPoint slide to Image :

The reported hanging issue occurs when the value axis is set with minimum and maximum values and major and minor units are set to auto, as shown in the image below. This is because in XLSIO when the major and minor units are set to auto with minimum and maximum values set, the interval starts at 1 and goes up to the maximum value. Because of this, looping occurs until the maximum values are reached. This can be fixed by resetting the values in major and minor units as shown below.

The value axis from the input document:

This Can be changed to:

This can also be fixed by using the code snippet provided below.

Code Snippet:

FileStream fileStreamInput = new FileStream( "Sample.pptx", FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read);

//Open the existing PowerPoint presentation with loaded stream.

IPresentation pptxDoc = Presentation.Open(fileStreamInput);

ISlide slide = pptxDoc.Slides[0];

//Gets the chart in slide

IPresentationChart chart = slide.Shapes[0] as IPresentationChart;

chart.PrimaryValueAxis.MajorUnit = 2.0E7;

chart.PrimaryValueAxis.MinorUnit = 4.0E6;

//Create the MemoryStream to save the converted PDF.

MemoryStream pdfStream = new MemoryStream();

//Convert the PowerPoint document to PDF document.

PdfDocument pdfDocument = PresentationToPdfConverter.Convert(pptxDoc);

//Save the converted PDF document to MemoryStream.

pdfDocument.Save(pdfStream);

pdfStream.Position = 0;

//Create the output PDF file stream

FileStream fileStreamOutput = File.Create("Output.pdf");

//Copy the converted PDF stream into created output PDF stream

pdfStream.CopyTo(fileStreamOutput);

AL Anxhela Lakra November 7, 2022 12:48 PM UTC

Hi Akash

Thanks for the update and the code snippet.
I will apply that and let you know if it's okay. 

Is it confirmed that the release will be done on the 15th? 

Thanks
Anxhela

SB Suriya Balamurugan Syncfusion Team November 8, 2022 03:21 PM UTC

Issues

Feedback

Details

NullReferenceException throws while parsing the Picture bullet of SmartArt shape

https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/38672/nullreferenceexception-throws-while-parsing-the-picture-bullet-of-smartart-shape

We have confirmed that the both fixes will include in the Weekly NuGet release on 15th November 2022.

Placeholder is not positioned properly while converting a PowerPoint slide to Image

https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/38741/placeholder-is-not-positioned-properly-while-converting-a-powerpoint-slide-to

SB Suriya Balamurugan Syncfusion Team November 15, 2022 07:39 AM UTC

Issues

Details

NullReferenceException throws while parsing the Picture bullet of SmartArt shape

As promised earlier, we have included the fixes for this reported issue in our latest weekly NuGet release (v20.3.0.57).

Please use the below link to download our latest weekly NuGet:
https://www.nuget.org/packages/Syncfusion.PresentationRenderer.Net.Core/20.3.0.57

The status of this bug task can be tracked through the below links:

Note: We will include this fixes in our 2022 Volume 4 Main release, which will be available in mid of December 2022.

Placeholder is not positioned properly while converting a PowerPoint slide to Image

AL Anxhela Lakra November 15, 2022 04:15 PM UTC

Hello,

I have updated the nuget package to the latest version, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have solved the problem. 
They are still happening.

The code snippet you have sent above is in cases of chart. But at that ppt if fails on the second slide where it has only texts and no charts to fix axis. 

What about the EMF image, which of them is one? 

Could I have more assistance on this? 

Thanks
Anxhela

SB Suriya Balamurugan Syncfusion Team November 16, 2022 02:58 PM UTC

Please find the details below,

Queries

Answers

I have updated the nuget package to the latest version, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have solved the problem.

They are still happening.

The following two reported problems are fixed in our weekly NuGet release v20.3.0.57 and works properly at our end.

1. NullReferenceException in the given PPTX “Recruitment agency Managed Service supply components (1) (1).pptx”

2. Text overlapped in first slide in the given PPTX “Category Plan_L&D_R&B_detailed_Nationwide BS (1) (1).pptx” as shown below,

If you still facing the above two issues, we suspect that the Syncfusion NuGet packages are not replaced properly in your machine. So, we suggest you try the below solutions to resolve the reported problem at your side:

1. Kindly remove all the Syncfusion NuGet packages referred in your application.
  2. Delete the respective NuGet packages in “.nuget” folder which is available in “C:\Users\{XXX}\.nuget\packages” folder location.
  3. Then install the NuGet packages again in your application.
  4. Clean the solution, rebuild, and run the application.

Note: All the Syncfusion NuGet packages are updated to the same latest version in your application.

What about the EMF image, which of them is one?

Logo missing in 3rd slide in the given PPTX “Category Plan_L&D_R&B_detailed_Nationwide BS (1) (1).pptx” is the EMF image as shown below,

We have already shared the details of this emf image preservation in our previous update.

The code snippet you have sent above is in cases of chart. But at that ppt if fails on the second slide where it has only texts and no charts to fix axis.

The hanging issue is due to the chart in the slide 4 in the given PPTX “2022-02-24 Nutreco Category Report MRO v1.0.pptx” as shown below,

Refer the below code snippet to set the value to the issue causing chart in fourth slide,

FileStream fileStreamInput = new FileStream(@"2022-02-24 Nutreco Category Report MRO v1.0.pptx", FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read);

//Open the existing PowerPoint presentation with stream.

using (IPresentation pptxDoc = Presentation.Open(fileStreamInput))

{

//Gets the fourth slide

ISlide slide = pptxDoc.Slides[3];

//Gets the chart in the fourth slide

IPresentationChart chart = slide.Shapes[4] as IPresentationChart;

chart.PrimaryValueAxis.MajorUnit = 2.0E7;

chart.PrimaryValueAxis.MinorUnit = 4.0E6;

//Initialize the PresentationRenderer to perform image conversion.

pptxDoc.PresentationRenderer = new PresentationRenderer();

Stream[] streams = pptxDoc.RenderAsImages(ExportImageFormat.Png);

for (int i = 0; i < streams.Length; i++)

{

using (FileStream fileStreamOutput = File.Create("PPTXToImage_" + i + ".png"))

{

streams[i].CopyTo(fileStreamOutput);

}

}

}

AL Anxhela Lakra November 22, 2022 11:55 PM UTC

Hello,

Thanks for you detailed reply. 
One of the documents though still throws exception. I can't attach the document here so I was wondering if I may have an email where I can fw that in order to have a look. 

Also about the EMF, is there anyway that can be checked if the slide contains an img like this? If you could advice which way would be best for this case?

Thanks

SB Suriya Balamurugan Syncfusion Team November 23, 2022 12:35 PM UTC

Please find the answers for your queries,

Queries

Answers

One of the documents though still throws exception. I can't attach the document here so I was wondering if I may have an email where I can fw that in order to have a look.

Please create ticket and send the documents. It will be private.

https://support.syncfusion.com/support/tickets/create

Also about the EMF, is there anyway that can be checked if the slide contains an img like this? If you could advice which way would be best for this case?

Yes, it is feasible to identify the Presentation slide contains EMF image like this.

To meet your requirement, we have prepared the sample application to iterate through the entire Presentation document and find the EMF image. Then convert EMG image format to PNG format with the same size programmatically and convert the Presentation document to Image/PDF in order to preserve the EMF image in the Image/PDF.

Please find the sample application from the below attachment.

Attachment: ConsoleNETCoreSample_1c5f3261.zip

AL Anxhela Lakra November 23, 2022 01:16 PM UTC

Hi Suriya,

Thanks for this. I have already updated the ticket by attaching the document and adding a little more description. It basically happens as soon as the process starts.

Please let me know as soon as you have an update, thanks.

In the meantime I'll have a look at the zip you have attached and let you know if I have any questions.

Thanks

Anxhela

CK Christiano Kiss March 15, 2024 05:10 PM UTC

Hello,

We are still experiencing errors when opening certain presentation files. The exception is thrown right at the moment when we call "Presentation.Open(fileStream)":

System.NotImplementedException: 'The method or operation is not implemented.'

We are using the latest version available:

<PackageReference Include="Syncfusion.Presentation.Net.Core" Version="25.1.35" />
<PackageReference Include="Syncfusion.PresentationRenderer.Net.Core" Version="25.1.35" />

I am attaching a VS solution with 2 files, one that works and another one that fails.

Kind regards,

Christiano

Attachment: SyncfusionApp_5cd7e50d.zip

SB Sneha Biju Syncfusion Team March 18, 2024 09:49 AM UTC

Hi Anxhela,

We have reproduced the reported issue of "Exception occurs while converting a PPTX to image" on our end. We will validate the issue and provide you with more details by mid of this week.

Regards,
Sneha.

CK Christiano Kiss March 19, 2024 12:35 PM UTC

Thank you for the update Sneha.

Kind regards,

Christiano

AA Akash Arul Syncfusion Team March 20, 2024 01:40 PM UTC

Anxhela, we have confirmed that the reported issue Not Implemented exception thrown while parsing series line properties with extension tag” is a defect and we have logged a defect report. We will include the fix for this defect in our Weekly NuGet release which is estimated to be available on the start of April.

https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/51920/not-implemented-exception-thrown-while-parsing-series-line-properties-with

CK Christiano Kiss April 2, 2024 02:30 PM UTC

Hello Akash,

I just tested in the new version (v25.1.38) and it worked as expected.

Thank you for your assistance on this matter.

Kind regards,

Christiano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon