We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Message Indicators

Hi,

We are currently using Syncfusion chat control, we want to add a status indicator to show multiple statuses to the message like sending, sent, failed, delivered and read. What I found is that I can use custom templates but we are using multiple templates such as text, image and URL. The thing is customizing all of those templates will be a big effort and will make me reimplement/lose lots of the features coming with the chat control. is there a quick solution to do so or somewhere in the middle like extending the current templates or and open source templates that I can start from instead of re-implementing all of those templates?

Thanks

1 Reply

SV Suja Venkatesan Syncfusion Team October 18, 2022 12:53 PM UTC

Hi Amr,

We would like to let you know that SfChat does not have direct support for indicating message is delivered or seen status and we have considered and logged feature for this requirement. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We will let you know when this feature is implemented. We appreciate your patience until then.     

You can also communicate with us regarding the open features any time using our Feature Report page.  

Feedback link: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/22346/provide-support-to-indicate-message-is-delivered-or-seen-status-in-sfchat 

If you have any more specification/suggestions to the feature request, you can add it as a comment in the portal. 

It can be achieved by customizing the message template and defining custom property to keep the message's status updated. In the attached sample, we have a custom property named status that is used to set message status. When a new message is sent, the status of the message is updated after one second, and we have used a timer to update the status. We have attached a sample for your reference. Please have a look at this sample and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Suja

Attachment: Custom_7a2774a3_2fb6eb3c.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon