We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

multi-column sorting not working on MacOS desktop

I am not able to get multi-column sorting to work on a Mac Desktop. I believe all is setup as per your examples, but only single-column and tristate work. See my sample code below:

SfDataGrid(

key: key,

source: _orderRowDataSource,

columns: _getColumns(remainingWidth),

rowHeight: 35.0,

gridLinesVisibility: GridLinesVisibility.both,

headerGridLinesVisibility: GridLinesVisibility.both,

allowSorting: true,

allowTriStateSorting: true,

allowMultiColumnSorting: true,

showSortNumbers: true,

)

6 Replies

TP Tamilarasan Paranthaman Syncfusion Team October 14, 2022 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Mike,

Based on the provided information, we are unable to reproduce the reported issue. We have tested the sample with the provided details and it’s working fine on our end. We suspect that you’re trying to apply multi-column sorting without pressing the Ctrl key. To perform sorting for multiple columns on the web and desktop, you can achieve that by pressing the Ctrl key and clicking the column header.

We have already provided detailed information about multi-column sorting in the below UG link. Please go through this.

UG Documentation: https://help.syncfusion.com/flutter/datagrid/sorting#multi-column-sorting

Regards,

Tamilarasan

MR Mike Robinson October 14, 2022 02:33 PM UTC

Thanks for your reply. You are absolutely right, I did not see that the CNTL key was needed. And, of course, that makes perfect sense.

TP Tamilarasan Paranthaman Syncfusion Team October 17, 2022 01:01 PM UTC

Hi Mike,

We are glad that the provided response helps you. Please let us know if you require further assistance. As always, we are happy to help you out.

Regards,

Tamilarasan

RT Robin Tremblay December 8, 2022 07:47 PM UTC

Hi Tamilarasan,

For Mac users, the Cmd​ key should replace the Ctrl key because for us, the Ctrl+click​ action on a desktop browser application is the equivalent of a mouse right-click.

So I get a submenu each time I try to select a second column for sorting.

Should I file a bug report?

Thank you!

Regards,
Robin

TP Tamilarasan Paranthaman Syncfusion Team December 12, 2022 11:56 AM UTC

Robin, we have considered your request as an enhancement. This will be implemented in our Volume 4 SP release, which is expected to be rolled out on end of January 2023. We will let you know when this enhancement is implemented. We appreciate your patience until then. You can follow up with the below feedback for further details,

Feedback link: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/39723/macos-support-to-perform-multiple-columns-sorting-with-the-command-key-instead-of

TP Tamilarasan Paranthaman Syncfusion Team February 2, 2023 09:30 AM UTC

Robin,

We are glad to announce that your requested enhancement “Support to perform multiple columns sorting with the Command key instead of using the Ctrl key” was included our Essential Studio 2022 Volume 4 Service Pack Release V20.4.0.48 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link.

https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/180292/essential-studio-2022-volume-4-service-pack-release-v20-4-0-48-is-available-for-download

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon