We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Error: 'PointerExitEvent' isn't a type

Hello,

I tried to implement the Datagrid PDF export. To do this I tried to follow the steps outlined here: https://help.syncfusion.com/flutter/datagrid/export-to-pdf 

Now, even though I have rolled back all changes before trying to implement the PDF export, the SfDataGrid will no longer allow my application to compile - it fails at compile.

The error I'm seeing is as follows:

Waiting for connection from debug service on Chrome...

../../.pub-cache/hosted/pub.dartlang.org/syncfusion_flutter_datagrid-20.3.49/lib/src/datagrid_widget/widgets/cell_widget.dart:733:23: Error: 'PointerEnterEvent' isn't a type.

onEnter: (PointerEnterEvent details) {

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

../../.pub-cache/hosted/pub.dartlang.org/syncfusion_flutter_datagrid-20.3.49/lib/src/datagrid_widget/widgets/cell_widget.dart:738:22: Error: 'PointerExitEvent' isn't a type.

onExit: (PointerExitEvent details) {

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Failed to compile application.

My Pubspec.yaml file is as follows: 

# The following adds the Cupertino Icons font to your application.
# Use with the CupertinoIcons class for iOS style icons.
cupertino_icons: ^1.0.2
firebase_core: ^1.21.1
firebase_auth: ^3.7.0
cloud_firestore: ^3.4.6
syncfusion_flutter_calendar: ^20.2.40
provider: ^6.0.3
syncfusion_flutter_datagrid: ^20.3.49

dev_dependencies:
flutter_test:
sdk: flutter

Please let me know what other information might be needed to resolve this.

5 Replies

MA Martin October 11, 2022 07:10 AM UTC

In case this helps, below is the screen and the widget control that are using this control.

I want to note that this was working great until the attempt at exporting the grid to PDF. Then this error started to occur and will not go away despite clearing cache, flutter clean commands and finally removing the export to PDF code.. now the SfDatagrid will not work at all and throws the error above.

I'd prefer to stay with Sf products as the Calendar is working well, but will have to shift if I can't resolve in the next couple of days.

Attachment: datagrid_673f31a3.zip

TP Tamilarasan Paranthaman Syncfusion Team October 11, 2022 12:35 PM UTC

Hi Martin,

We suspect that you are using an older version of the Flutter SDK. We are unable to reproduce the reported issue with the latest version. It’s working fine on our end. If you're using an older version, can you please upgrade your Flutter SDK version to 3.3.4 (the latest stable version) and let us know if you are still facing the same issue?

Regards,

Tamilarasan

MA Martin October 11, 2022 01:43 PM UTC

Hi Tamilarasan,

I'm on Flutter version 3.0.5 and will try this upgrade path.

MA Martin October 11, 2022 01:50 PM UTC

It looks like upgrading to v 3.3.4 has resolved - I will continue to test and reach out if I continue to experience issues.

Thank you.

TP Tamilarasan Paranthaman Syncfusion Team October 12, 2022 11:44 AM UTC

Hi Martin,

We are glad to know that the reported problem has been resolved at your end. Please let us know if you need any further assistance with this. As always, we are happy to help you out.

Regards,

Tamilarasan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon