We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Cell values from click event are incorrect at version 20.3.0.47

Hello,

I updated the syncfusion nuget from version 20.1.0.60 to 20.3.0.47 and I have a problem with the Heatmap component. I was using the CellClicked event handler to get the cell value, the YLabel and the XLabel of the selected cell but after the update these values return null or the value is incorrect.  

This is the part of my code for getting these values.

private async Task CellIsClickedAsync(CellClickEventArgs args)
{
        CellValue = Convert.ToInt32(args.Value);
        XAxisValue = Convert.ToInt32(args.YLabel);
        YAxisValue = Convert.ToInt32(args.XLabel);
}

So how can I get the correct values of the selected cell at the 20.3.0.47 version?

Thanks in advance!

8 Replies 1 reply marked as answer

AM Amanda October 10, 2022 09:43 AM UTC

Hello  again,

I was able to reproduce the issue and I am posting the project below. 

You can see that on the CellClicked event handler whitchever cell I click the values I get are the ones shown at picture below.

2022-10-10_12h38_53.png

Hope you can help!

Attachment: BlazorApp1_48167757.zip

IR Indumathi Ravi Syncfusion Team October 10, 2022 05:22 PM UTC

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We are able to reproduce the reported issue with the provided sample in the HeatMap component. We have considered this as a defect and logged a defect report for the same. However, we will include the fix for the reported issue in our weekly patch release which is expected to be available by the end of October 2022. Please find the below feedback link to keep track of the reported issue.

https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/38323

Regards,

Indumathi R.

IR Indumathi Ravi Syncfusion Team October 31, 2022 05:39 PM UTC

Hi Amanda,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

The fix for the reported issue was not included in the weekly patch release. The fix, however, will be available in our 2022 Volume 3 SP release, which is scheduled for the second week of November 2022. We will let you know once the package is published.

Regards,

Indumathi R.

IR Indumathi Ravi Syncfusion Team November 10, 2022 05:47 PM UTC

We have resolved the reported issue - “XLabel and YLabel property values in the argument of ‘CellClicked’ event are empty” and the fix is included in our Essential Studio 2022 Volume 3 SP release v20.3.0.56 which is rolled out and it is available for download under the following link.

Essential Studio 2022 Volume 3 Service Pack Release v20.3.0.56 is available for download | Announcements Forums | Syncfusion

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

AM Amanda replied to Indumathi Ravi December 6, 2022 08:22 AM UTC

Hello again,

I updated the Syncfusion Blazor nuget package to version 20.3.0.59 and I still get that error on the CellClicked event.

This error does not show up every time I click a cell but there are sometimes that it happens and I haven't change nothing in my code.

I update the Heatmap datasource dynamically with SignalR and on version 20.1.0.60 it worked fine but now on version 20.3.0.59 I have the problem that I mentioned above. 

I need your help at this because I am stuck on version  20.1.0.60  and I can't update my project

Thanks in advance!

IR Indumathi Ravi Syncfusion Team December 7, 2022 04:51 PM UTC

Hi Amanda,

Please see the table below for answers to your questions.

Queries

Details

I updated the Syncfusion Blazor nuget package to version 20.3.0.59 and I still get that error on the CellClicked event.

This error does not show up every time I click a cell but there are sometimes that it happens and I haven't change nothing in my code.

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue in the specified version (20.3.59) of the HeatMap component. The property values are retrieved as expected in the "CellClicked" event. Please find the sample and video, in which we tried to reproduce the reported issue, below.

Samplehttps://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/HeatMapCellClick-1098868703

Videohttps://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/cellclickevent-1232719427

I update the Heatmap datasource dynamically with SignalR and on version 20.1.0.60 it worked fine but now on version 20.3.0.59 I have the problem that I mentioned above.

I need your help at this because I am stuck on version  20.1.0.60  and I can't update my project

The reported issue is not reproduced when we add the data source to the HeatMap component dynamically, and the data is updated in the HeatMap component as expected. Please find the sample and video, in which we tried to reproduce the reported issue, below.

Samplehttps://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/Heatmap2097922318

Video: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/dynamicdata1081841612

Please modify the above sample to reproduce the reported issue and share it with us. It will be helpful for us to analyze and assist you further.

AM Amanda replied to Indumathi Ravi December 8, 2022 12:27 PM UTC

Hello,

I was able to reproduce the issue. I will open a private ticket to share with you a part of my project

Marked as answer

IR Indumathi Ravi Syncfusion Team December 10, 2022 06:01 AM UTC

Hi Amanda,

We will check and update you with further details in the ticket that you have created.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon