We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Using the ApplicationMenu without the Ribbon

I'm developing an app to have a similar look and feel to an existing app that was based on a RibbonWindow and uses the ApplicationMenu.  I want to emulate the appearance of the ApplicationMenu Button but really don't require the rest of the ribbon window behaviour.  I've therefore done the following which appears to work:-

<StackPanel DockPanel.Dock="Top" Orientation="Horizontal">

<sf:ApplicationMenu ApplicationButtonImage="Images\Wheel64x64.png" Name="MainMenu">

<MenuItem Command="New" Name="NewMenu" />

<MenuItem Command="Open" />

<MenuItem Command="Save" />

<Separator />

<MenuItem Command="{StaticResource Exit}" />

</sf:ApplicationMenu>

</StackPanel>

Is there any reason not​ to do this?  Assuming there is​ a good reason, is there an equivalent of the ApplicationControlMenu intended to be used without the ribbon?  What I'm really after is the nice round button that acts as the menu header.

I am getting one problem which I don't understand.  When I open the menu I get a weird presentation that includes the bottom of the button:-

Capture.PNG

I've tried changing the window to be a ribbon window and embedding this in a ribbon but I still get the same effect so I don't think this s associated with using it without the ribbon control.  Any idea what would be causing that?

(Here's the xaml when switched to using a ribbon):-

<sf:Ribbon Name="ribbon" DockPanel.Dock="Top">

<sf:Ribbon.ApplicationMenu>

<sf:ApplicationMenu Name="MainMenu" ApplicationButtonImage="Images\AquatorWheel64x64.png">

<sf:SimpleMenuButton Command="New" Label="New" Name="NewMenu" />

<sf:SimpleMenuButton Command="Open" Label="Open" />

<sf:SimpleMenuButton Command="Save" Label="Save"/>

<Separator />

<sf:SimpleMenuButton Command="{StaticResource Exit}" Label="Exit" />

</sf:ApplicationMenu>

</sf:Ribbon.ApplicationMenu>

</sf:Ribbon>

8 Replies

HN Harinath Navaneethakrishnan Syncfusion Team October 10, 2022 02:20 PM UTC

Hi Declan,

It is recommended to use the Application Menu for ribbon control only as it is designed for ribbon.

We have confirmed the reported scenario is a defect and logged a report for the reported scenario “Application menu image appears in the dropdown”. We will provide the fix in the Nuget version on 25th October 2022.

You can track the status of this defect using the following feedback link:

https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/38316/applicationmenu-image-appears-in-the-dropdown

If you have any more specification replication procedures or a scenario to be tested, you can add it as a comment in the portal.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Harinath N

DH Declan Hillier October 11, 2022 08:39 AM UTC

Thanks for the feedback.  I can probably emulate the look and feel by using appropriate graphics so I can work around that.

HN Harinath Navaneethakrishnan Syncfusion Team October 12, 2022 12:53 PM UTC

Hi Declan,

Okay, we will update you once the reported issue in ribbon control is fixed

Regards,

Harinath N

GT Gokul Thanudhas Syncfusion Team October 27, 2022 02:13 PM UTC

Hi Declan,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We are still working this issue with high priority. We will update the fix in our upcoming NuGet release which is scheduled on 1st  November 2022. We appreciate your patience until then.

Regards,

Gokul T

DH Declan Hillier October 31, 2022 09:01 AM UTC

Just want to say thanks for continuing to look at it.  I'm not under an immediate time constraint for this so 1st Nov is fine with me.

GT Gokul Thanudhas Syncfusion Team November 1, 2022 02:51 PM UTC

We have fixed the reported issue from our end. As the 2022 Volume 3 SP Release has been planned for next week, there is no NuGet release today. We will update the fix in the upcoming 2022 Volume 3 SP release.

HN Harinath Navaneethakrishnan Syncfusion Team November 9, 2022 03:36 PM UTC

Sorry for the inconvenience caused

We have fixed the reported issue from our end. Due to some internal issues, the fix is not moved to the 2022 Volume 3 SP release. We have moved the fix to the upcoming NuGet release which will be scheduled on 15th November 2022.

HN Harinath Navaneethakrishnan Syncfusion Team November 15, 2022 12:06 PM UTC

We have included the fix in our latest Weekly NuGet release v20.3.0.57 which is available for download (https://www.nuget.org/). We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this update. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon