We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ArgumentException from GridRangeInfo.ctor

I''m having a hell of a time trying to figure out why this is happening. I originally thought this was because of something that I was doing, but I don''t think that it''s possible for me to pass in an invalid value...Below is the Exception text...anyone else have this happen to them? BTW, this is using version 1.6.1 and the control is a GridControl. -akshay See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range. at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridRangeInfo..ctor(Int32 top, Int32 left, Int32 bottom, Int32 right) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridRangeInfo.InternalCells(Int32 top, Int32 left, Int32 bottom, Int32 right) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridViewLayout.Initialize() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridViewLayout.DemandInitialize() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridViewLayout.PointToClientRow(Point pt, Boolean fixBackHidden) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridViewLayout.PointToClientRow(Point pt) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.PointToRangeInfo(Point point, Int32 fixOutOfRange) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.PointToRowCol(Point point, Int32& rowIndex, Int32& colIndex, Int32 fixOutOfRange) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.PointToRowCol(Point point, Int32& rowIndex, Int32& colIndex) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.OnCellTipsMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WndProc(Message& msg) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.WndProc(Message& msg) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2004 02:12 PM UTC

Searching our Direct Trac database for instances of this error does show a few. Without exception, the problem occurred in multithreaded situations where there are calls into the grid that are not protected by grid.InvokeRequired checks. So, if you are using multithreads, you need to make sure there are no unprotected calls in the grid from a thread other than the thread that created the grid. One thing that might trigger such a call is a grid.BeginUpdate call with this option set, BeginUpdateOption.ScrollInView. If you have such a call, you might try just using grid.BeginUpadte() with no options set.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 26, 2006 07:07 PM UTC

>I''m having a hell of a time trying to figure out why this is happening. I originally thought this was because of something that I was doing, but I don''t think that it''s possible for me to pass in an invalid value...Below is the Exception text...anyone else have this happen to them? BTW, this is using version 1.6.1 and the control is a GridControl. > >-akshay > > >See the end of this message for details on invoking >just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. > >************** Exception Text ************** >System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range. > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridRangeInfo..ctor(Int32 top, Int32 left, Int32 bottom, Int32 right) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridRangeInfo.InternalCells(Int32 top, Int32 left, Int32 bottom, Int32 right) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridViewLayout.Initialize() > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridViewLayout.DemandInitialize() > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridViewLayout.PointToClientRow(Point pt, Boolean fixBackHidden) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridViewLayout.PointToClientRow(Point pt) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.PointToRangeInfo(Point point, Int32 fixOutOfRange) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.PointToRowCol(Point point, Int32& rowIndex, Int32& colIndex, Int32 fixOutOfRange) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.PointToRowCol(Point point, Int32& rowIndex, Int32& colIndex) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.OnCellTipsMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e) > at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m) > at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WndProc(Message& msg) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.WndProc(Message& msg) > at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) > at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) > at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon