We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Export detail data to Excel and export excel format

Hello,

I have two questions related to exporting data to excel from grid:

1. How to export the main data along with its detailed data to Excel
  2. My exported data always has its column narrowly placed. See picture below. How can I correct this issue? My export code is as follows:

public async Task ToolbarClickHandler(Syncfusion.Blazor.Navigations.ClickEventArgs args)

{

if (args.Item.Id == "ODGrid_excelexport") //Id is combination of Grid's ID and itemname

{

string Myfilename = String.Format("Stock at for {0}.xlsx",

DateTime.Now.ToString("yyyy-MM-dd HH-mm-ss"));

ExcelExportProperties ExportProperties = new ExcelExportProperties();

ExportProperties.ExportType = Syncfusion.Blazor.Grids.ExportType.AllPages;

ExportProperties.FileName = Myfilename;

//ExportProperties.Workbook.Worksheets = "";

await this.ODGrid.ExportToExcelAsync(ExportProperties);

Best regards

Sao

1 Reply

MS Monisha Saravanan Syncfusion Team October 6, 2022 02:39 PM UTC

Hi Sao,

Greetings from Syncfusion support.

We would like to inform you that currently we do not have support for Hierarchy Grid (using DetailTemplate) exporting. Since it is a known request, we have already considered the requested query as an feature and added this feature request to our database. We are always trying to make our products better and feature requests like yours are a key part of our product growth efforts. 

You can now track the current status of this feature request here. 

https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/12524/support-to-export-the-grid-along-with-its-details-template  

At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. Feature will be included in any of our upcoming release. We will let you know when this feature is implemented, you can also track the status of feature in above feedback link. 

Till then we appreciate your patience.

Query: “My exported data always has its column narrowly placed”

Also we could not able to reproduce the reported issue  at our end. To procced further kindly share the below details to validate further at our end.

Sample: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/GRIDIS~1503035765.zip

1. Share us the entire Grid code snippet.
  2. Share us the video demonstration of the issue.
  3. If possible kindly share us the issue reproduceable sample or kindly modify the above mentioned sample to reproduce the reported issue at our end.

The above-requested details will be very helpful for us to validate the reported query at our end and provide the solution as early as possible.

Regards,

Monisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon