We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Pdfviewer missing whitespace from copied text

Hi Syncfusion Team,

I found the missing space when copied the pdfviewer text to notepad, especially the superscript. If I copy from Adobe reader, the space is there. I had attached the pdf. Please assist.

Sync Pdfviewer:15.6 (Expropriation),1015.7 (Transfers),

Adobe reader:  15.6 (Expropriation),10 15.7 (Transfers),

Regards

Attachment: Sample_b48a6f57.zip

3 Replies

CK Chinnamunia Karthik Chinna Thambi Syncfusion Team October 7, 2022 06:29 AM

Hi Jin,

We were able to reproduce the reported issue "Pdfviewer missing whitespace from the copied text ". We will validate it and update further details on October 11, 2022.

Regards,
CCM Karthik

CK Chinnamunia Karthik Chinna Thambi Syncfusion Team October 11, 2022 12:08 PM

Hi Jin,

We have checked the reported query with the given document and also checked the behavior of other viewers. The issue occurs in few other viewers too. We are yet to identify the root cause of the issue as it reproduced in the given document alone. However, we are continuing the investigation at the document level. Due to its complexity, we need 2 more days to validate the query, we will provide further details on October 13, 2022.

Regards,
CCM Karthik

CK Chinnamunia Karthik Chinna Thambi Syncfusion Team October 13, 2022 11:30 AM

Hi Jin,

We have checked the provided document and found that the selection issue occurs in most of the viewers expect Adobe reader. We are using Pdfium text extraction to retrieve the text content from the PDF document and we get the particular text content without the space from Pdfium itself. Since this issue occurs in the particular document, we could not fix this issue at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
CCM Karthik

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon