We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Trackball tooltip is showing for a different datapoint from my mouse location

I have a simple line chart with 1 series (have tried with multiple with same results). My issue is that the trackball tooltip is showing up for different datapoint from where my mouse is currently hovering.  When the chart loads, the trackball line is positioned to the right of the chart but the initial tooltip is showing up for the farthest left datapoint. As I move the mouse location to the left, the trackball tooltip moves to the right. The only time that it displays correctly is when I am hovering over the middle of the series.

The basic setup is:

chrtSimple.BorderAppearance.SkinStyle = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartBorderSkinStyle.None;

chrtSimple.BorderAppearance.FrameThickness = new ChartThickness(-2, -2, 2, 2);

chrtSimple.SmoothingMode = System.Drawing.Drawing2D.SmoothingMode.AntiAlias;

chrtSimple.ShowToolTips = true;

chrtSimple.EnableMouseRotation = true;

chrtSimple.Trackball.Visible = true;

chrtSimple.Trackball.DisplayMode = (TrackballTooltipDisplayMode)Enum.Parse(typeof(TrackballTooltipDisplayMode), "Float");

chrtSimple.Trackball.Tooltip.TextFormat = "{1} : {2}";

chrtSimple.Trackball.Tooltip.YValueFormat = "n2";

chrtSimple.Trackball.Tooltip.XValueFormat = "yyyy/MM/dd";

chrtSimple.Trackball.Tooltip.CornerRadius = 5;

chrtSimple.Crosshair.Visible = true;

Here is a screenshot of the issue.

1 Reply

DD Devakumar Dhanapoosanam Syncfusion Team October 5, 2022 05:33 AM

Hi Jeremy Jeffries,

Query: My issue is that the trackball tooltip is showing up for different datapoint from where my mouse is currently hovering.

We have checked reported problem using chart line series with the provided details and the trackball tooltip is showing at the mouse hovering position proper at our end. Please find the tested sample in the below attachment.

Could you please revert us the modified sample with issue reproduced state or share pictorial/video representation of issue with replication steps which will be helpful to provide you better solution at the earliest.

Also, please check updating with the latest chart version and let us know if you face any problems in the latest version.

Regards,

Devakumar D

Attachment: SF_177974_707b33fb.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon