We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GDB Textbox

Hi I would like to have a textbox as one of my columns in my DBG. I can add the textbox column without problem but I would also like to restrict the users input to number between 0 and 9999. Disallow all non-numeric character input. I have tried fiddling with some of the column designer options but end up not being able to edit my column. Could you point me in the direction of the settings I need. Many Thanks. Mark (vb.net)

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 16, 2004 12:56 PM UTC

Instead of using a TextBox celltype, you might try using a MaskEdit cell with mask ####. If this does not serve your needs, you can go back to using a TextBox, and handle the CurrentCellValidateString event. In the handler, check e.Text to make sure it is a valid entry, and set e.Cance = true if it is not.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2004 05:26 AM UTC

Thanks Clay Another question. I have some code that programatically highlights a grid row, I would also like to after selecting the row to "focus" on my editable textbox column. SO that the user doestn have to click inside the grid cell to begin the editing process. Is there a way I can achieve this? Thanks. Mark (vb.net)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2004 06:03 AM UTC

You can try grid.CurrentCell.MoveTo(someRow, someCol, GridSetCurrentCellOptions.SetFocus);

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon