We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

GDB Textbox

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

17754 Aug 16,2004 08:42 AM Aug 17,2004 02:03 AM Windows Forms 3
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On August 16, 2004 08:42 AM

Hi I would like to have a textbox as one of my columns in my DBG. I can add the textbox column without problem but I would also like to restrict the users input to number between 0 and 9999. Disallow all non-numeric character input. I have tried fiddling with some of the column designer options but end up not being able to edit my column. Could you point me in the direction of the settings I need. Many Thanks. Mark (vb.net)

Replied On August 16, 2004 08:56 AM

Instead of using a TextBox celltype, you might try using a MaskEdit cell with mask ####. If this does not serve your needs, you can go back to using a TextBox, and handle the CurrentCellValidateString event. In the handler, check e.Text to make sure it is a valid entry, and set e.Cance = true if it is not.

Replied On August 17, 2004 01:26 AM

Thanks Clay Another question. I have some code that programatically highlights a grid row, I would also like to after selecting the row to "focus" on my editable textbox column. SO that the user doestn have to click inside the grid cell to begin the editing process. Is there a way I can achieve this? Thanks. Mark (vb.net)

Replied On August 17, 2004 02:03 AM

You can try grid.CurrentCell.MoveTo(someRow, someCol, GridSetCurrentCellOptions.SetFocus);

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;