We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to determine .Top, .Left, .Height, & .Width of CurrentCell

Greetings, As tech support seems to be closed-up for the week-end (everyone needs a break), I thought I''d give the user forum a go... I''m a trial customer attempting to integrate the Essential Grid into my current application. I''ve got a MS UpDown control that I would like to continue to map over the CurrentCell. The reason for this is some complex inter-cell calculations that I am performing where I need to be able to trap the UpDown activity as an intermediary value before any action is taken. Can this mapping be accomplished in the Essential grid? If so, can anyone lend guidance as how to assign CurrentCell coordinates to the external UpDown control? Thanks, Scott Wheeler

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 15, 2004 02:46 PM UTC

Normally, you do not ''float'' a control over the current cell. Instead you use the cell control architecture based on a cellmodel class and a cellrenderer class to implement a cell control that you can share among all cells that you want to use it. If you only want to see this control in one or two cells in the grid, you may be able to use the "Control" celltype. This is a little simpler than deriving your own cell control. Here is a link to a forum thread that discusses both these options. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=17597 If you want to try floating a control over the current cell, you can use the CurrentCellMoving and CurrentCellMoved events to catch the moving. You can access the row and column involved using the grid.CurrentCell.MoveToRowIndex/MoveFromRowIndex/MoveToColIndex/MoveFromColIndex values. You can get the rectangle (in grid coordinates) using grid.RangeInfoToRectangle(grid.CurrentCell.RangeInfo).

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon