We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docking windows and MDI children at runtime

We are considering purchasing Essential Tools, but we need to ensure certain functionality that our application requires is supported. I modified the MDIDemo sample application so that the MDI Child form (Document) is a dockable form. In the CreateNewDocument() function I have added: this.dockingManager1.DockControl(doc, this, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Tabbed, 175); if (!this.dockingManager1.GetEnableDocking(doc)) { AppStateSerializer serializer = AppStateSerializer.GetSingleton(); this.dockingManager1.SetEnableDocking(doc, true); this.dockingManager1.LoadDockState(serializer, doc); } I also modified the application so the Persist property is true. Everything works the first time around, however once I shut down the application and restart it, I don''t see any windows. You can find a screenshot attached. What am I missing? Surely the ability to add controls at runtime and make them persistant is supported. syncfusion_4143.zip

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 15, 2004 09:07 PM UTC

Hi Drew, Firstly, thanks for considering Syncfusion products. Please refer to the KB article at this link below : How do I save/load docking state information of an application that has docking windows created at runtime ? It shows how docking windows can be added at runtime and custom docking layout created using these. It also shows how this docking layout can be persisted when the form is closed and restored when the form is opened the next time. Please refer to the sample application attached below that illustrates this : Runtime Docking Windows Persistence Sample Let me know if you need further assistance. Once again, we appreciate your interest in Syncfusion. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon