We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

export datagrid with barcode

I'm using blazor server and I need to export a grid in pdf or excel or directly print it where I used your suggestion to add the barcode in a Template

<GridColumn TextAlign="TextAlign.Center">

<Template>

@{

var magazzino = (context as RiassuntoMagDTO);

//<div class="image">

<SfBarcodeGenerator Height="80" Type="@BarcodeType.Code128" Value=@(magazzino.barcode)>

<BarcodeGeneratorDisplayText Text="@(magazzino.barcode)"></BarcodeGeneratorDisplayText>

</SfBarcodeGenerator>

//</div>

}

</Template>

</GridColumn>

If I print or export in pdf or excel the barcode is not showed

Thanks

9 Replies 1 reply marked as answer

MS Monisha Saravanan Syncfusion Team May 30, 2022 01:22 PM UTC

Hi Walter,

Greetings from Syncfusion support.

We are currently checking the feasibility of your requirement. We will update further details within two business days on or before (01.06.2022). Until then we appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Monisha

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team June 1, 2022 09:10 AM UTC

Hi Walter,

Thanks for the patience.

We have analyzed your query and currently, we do not have support to export the Grid Data to Pdf document along with the Barcode component. But we can achieve this requirement of exporting the Grid data with Barcode in it using external methods (i.e.) without using Grid’s built-in PdfExport method. While achieving this requirement using external actions, all actions need to be handled externally only.

So kindly confirm whether it is fine for you to achieve your requirement using the Syncfusion Pdf document externally without a built-in method. Based on your confirmation we will prepare and update you on the solution.

Regards,

Vignesh Natarajan

WM Walter Martin June 1, 2022 10:38 PM UTC

Hello  Vignesh

thanks for your reply

yes, for me it's the same if it's possible to create a pdf with the grid content and relative barcode not using the built-in method

It would be great If you can lead me to the solution.

Thanks

Best Regards

MS Monisha Saravanan Syncfusion Team June 2, 2022 02:45 PM UTC

Hi Walter,

Greetings from Syncfusion support.

Currently we are preparing sample at our end and we will update further details within two business days on or before (06.06.2022). Until then we appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Monisha

MS Monisha Saravanan Syncfusion Team June 6, 2022 01:08 PM UTC

Hi Walter,

Thanks for the patience.

We have prepared an sample as per your requirement to export the barcode. Here we have drawn barcode and exported to grid by using Javascript function. Kindly check the attached code snippet and sample for your reference.

<SfGrid DataSource="@Orders" ID="Grid" Toolbar="@(new List<string>() { "PdfExport" })" AllowPdfExport="true"  @ref="DefaultGrid" AllowPaging="true">

<GridEvents OnToolbarClick="ToolbarClickHandler" TValue="Order"></GridEvents>

</SfGrid>

@code {

public List<Order> Orders { get; set; }

public SfGrid<Order> DefaultGrid;

//Create a new PDF document

static Syncfusion.Pdf.PdfDocument  pdfDocument = new Syncfusion.Pdf.PdfDocument();

//Add a page

static Syncfusion.Pdf.PdfPage page = pdfDocument.Pages.Add();

public async Task ToolbarClickHandler(Syncfusion.Blazor.Navigations.ClickEventArgs args)

{

if (args.Item.Id == "Grid_pdfexport") //Id is combination of Grid's ID and itemname

{

PdfGrid pdfGrid = new PdfGrid();

//Add columns to PdfGrid

pdfGrid.Columns.Add(3);

//Add rows to PdfGrid

for (int i = 0; i < pdfGrid.Columns.Count; i++)

{

PdfGridRow row = pdfGrid.Rows.Add();

row.Cells[2].Value = Orders[i].OrderID.ToString();

}

//Set height

pdfGrid.Rows[0].Height = 70;

pdfGrid.BeginCellLayout += PdfGrid_BeginCellLayout;

//Draw grid to the page of PDF document

pdfGrid.Draw(page,new Syncfusion.Drawing.PointF(10, 10));

MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream();

//Save the document

pdfDocument.Save(ms);

await Runtime.InvokeVoidAsync("exportSave", new object[] { "export.pdf", Convert.ToBase64String(ms.ToArray()) });

}

}

private static void PdfGrid_BeginCellLayout(object sender, PdfGridBeginCellLayoutEventArgs args)

{

if (args.RowIndex == 0 && args.CellIndex == 1 && !args.IsHeaderRow)

{

//Drawing Code39 barcode

PdfCode39Barcode barcode = new PdfCode39Barcode();

//Setting height of the barcode

barcode.BarHeight = 45;

barcode.Text = "CODE39$";

//Draw barcode with respect to grid cell bounds

barcode.Draw(page, new Syncfusion.Drawing.PointF(args.Bounds.X + 5, args.Bounds.Y + 5));

}

}

}

Sample: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/DataGrid1165188702.zip

Kindly get back to us if you have further queries.

Regards,

Monisha

WM Walter Martin June 8, 2022 11:15 PM UTC

thanks for your sample

I tried to change it because I need to generate the Pdf where the barcode is created for every Orders.OrderID value but as you can see if I "draw" it in the pdf, the barcodes of the second page will be drawed over the ones in the first page

How can I solve this problem ?

Attachment: test_430b59f6.zip

MS Monisha Saravanan Syncfusion Team June 10, 2022 03:27 AM UTC

Hi Walter,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have modified the sample as per your requirement to draw the barcodes inside the cell on a multi-page pdf grid. We have attached code snippet and sample for your reference. Please check the attached sample at your end.

<SfGrid DataSource="@Orders" ID="Grid" Toolbar="@(new List<string>() { "PdfExport" })" AllowPdfExport="true"  @ref="DefaultGrid" AllowPaging="true">

<GridEvents OnToolbarClick="ToolbarClickHandler" TValue="Order"></GridEvents>

<GridColumns>

</GridColumns>

</SfGrid>

@code {

public async Task ToolbarClickHandler(Syncfusion.Blazor.Navigations.ClickEventArgs args)

{

if (args.Item.Id == "Grid_pdfexport") //Id is combination of Grid's ID and itemname

{

pdfDocument.Pages.PageAdded += Pages_PageAdded;

PdfGrid pdfGrid = new PdfGrid();

//Add columns to PdfGrid

}

private static void Pages_PageAdded(object sender, PageAddedEventArgs args)

{

page = args.Page;

}

Sample: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/DataGridSample595653234

Kindly get back to us if you gave further queries.

Regards,

Monisha

WM Walter Martin June 10, 2022 09:10 PM UTC

Thanks it works perfectly

Marked as answer

MS Monisha Saravanan Syncfusion Team June 13, 2022 03:50 AM UTC

Hi Walter,

Welcome.

Kindly get back to us if you have further queries. As always we will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Monisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon