We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

New formula text not recalculating (v1.6.1)

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

17453 Aug 9,2004 04:21 PM UTC Aug 9,2004 05:20 PM UTC Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On August 9, 2004 04:21 PM UTC

On my grid, some of the cells are formula cells. I populate these cells with code similar to: Dim gsi as GridStyleInfo = New GridStyleInfo() gsi.CellType = "FormulaCell" gsi.Format = "#,##0" gsi.CellValueType = GetType(Double) gsi.CellValue = newValue '' newValue contains the new formula we want GridControl1.SetCellInfo(row, col, gsi, Syncfusion.Styles.StyleModifyType.Changes) For the grid''s initial population, this works fine; the formula''s are interpreted and the proper result displays in the grid. After some user-interaction, I want to change the formula for some cells. So, I populate the applicable cells with the new formula using the same code. However, now the cells display the result of the *old* formula, not the new formula. (Although if I obtain the cell''s contents programmatically, it does seem to contain the new formula, it''s just displaying the *old* result). One other tid-bit: I notice that this only happens when the applicable cells are disabled. If I enable the cells, the new formula is re-calculated correctly. Of course, I don''t want these cells receiving focus, so that''s not a very good option. What can I do to force the formula cell to recalculate using the *new* formula? Thanks, s.s.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 9, 2004 05:20 PM UTC

In a cell whose CellType is "FormulaCell", you cannot set the CellValueType to Double. The reason is the cell has to be a string to hold a formula. So, try removing that line and see if things work better.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;