We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Seeming problem in SaveCellInfo

It seems that in the SaveCellInfo event, in the case where I am pasting cells that I copied from elsewhere in the grid, the GridSaveCellInfoEventArgs are actually describing the copied cells, not the cells I am setting. For example, hook the code below to a grid (virtual grid using QueryCellInfo) which is working fine, and has some read-only cells and some read-write cells. In such case, copy some read-write cells and paste over read-only cells, it allows it. However copy some read-only cells, paste them over some read-write cells, it prevents it. Why?? private void grid_SaveCellInfo(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridSaveCellInfoEventArgs e) { System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(String.Format("SaveCellInfo({0},{1}) Readonly={2}", e.RowIndex, e.ColIndex, e.Style.ReadOnly)); if ( !e.Style.ReadOnly ) { PropertyDescriptor p = _settings.Columns[e.ColIndex-1].PropertyDescriptor; DataboundRow row = _rows[e.RowIndex-1]; p.SetValue(row, e.Style.Text); } e.Handled = true; }

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 9, 2004 12:57 PM UTC

Unless I am missing something, I think your code is working as expected. >>In such case, copy some read-write cells and paste over read-only cells, it allows it. In such a case, e.Style.ReadOnly would be false, correct? So, your code sets the value. >>However copy some read-only cells, paste them over some read-write cells, it prevents it. Why?? In this case, e.StyleReadOnly = true, correct? So, you code does not set the value.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon