We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ResetVolatileData and how can I know when its called

Hi, I want to hold an additional cache of data about my virtual grid in a override class of the GridControl, and whenever the volatile data is reset (via the ResetVolatileData method), I want to also reset my data cache. I noticed in the code that there was a NotifyResetVolatileData event, but it is internal not public or protected. Do you have any suggestions on how I can know when to reset my caches? Thanks, Sue

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 6, 2004 02:54 PM UTC

Hi Sue, if you look at the ResetVolatileData code you also see these lines: if (gridVolatileData != null) gridVolatileData.Clear(); This is where you can implement a hook. VolatileData is a object that you can replace. What you should do is derive a class from GridVolatileData and override its Clear method. You need to assign a instance of your derived volatile data object to the GridModel.VolatileData property. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon