We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Sharing .Net applications using SyncFusion components

Hi, I''ve been trying to get an application with SyncFusion controls running as a shared app from a server but consistently get an unhandled exception when trying to run it from a remote machine (via a destop shortcut). The architecture is basically a corporate intranet with an application server. I''ve narrowed the issue down to SyncFusion (or other third party) controls being used in the application. Take them out and it runs. Is there something I am missing about how to accomplish this? Licensing, registry settings, security... Thanks, Doug

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 5, 2004 03:12 PM UTC

Hi Doug, I am not sure about the licensing part - if this is able to run on the server locally without Syncfusion installed, then this should not be an issue. The concern would then be to check the security level. In order to run Syncfusion control remotely, the client must give the application/dll''s full trust. Has this been done? Thanks, Trampas

DL Doug Lind August 5, 2004 04:13 PM UTC

I was wondering if that might be the issue. My searches on Google alluded to that. In answer to your qusetion, no trusts have been established yet. Thanks for the insight, Doug >Hi Doug, > >I am not sure about the licensing part - if this is able to run on the server locally without Syncfusion installed, then this should not be an issue. > >The concern would then be to check the security level. In order to run Syncfusion control remotely, the client must give the application/dll''s full trust. Has this been done? > >Thanks, >Trampas

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon