We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Assembly Manager Problem

I tried to submit this problem as an incident in Direct-Trac, but received an error every time so I''m submitting it here: I downloaded and installed 2.0.5.1. I then started receiving an exception in grid.dll so I used the assembly manager to revert to 2.0.5.0. Now, when I run my program in debug mode from VS, I get the following error. Do I need to use a specific version of the assembly manager to revert to an older version? An unhandled exception of type ''System.IO.FileNotFoundException'' occurred in vmteditorlib.dll Additional information: File or assembly name Syncfusion.Tools, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 5, 2004 02:59 PM UTC

Hi Ken, When switching between version 2.0.5.0 and 2.0.5.1, either version of the Assembly Manager should be fine. Issues would arise if using the Assembly Manager from 1.6.x.x since there was different logic in place. For the error that you are seeing - please double check that the appropriate files have been placed in the Assemblies folder (e.g. ...\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Assemblies) and also in the GAC. Verify that these files are in fact the 2.0.5.0 versions. Also, in your project references, are these set to CopyLocal true or false. If it is set to true, try changing it to false. This may help us track down the issue. Thanks, Trampas

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 6, 2004 03:07 AM UTC

Hi Trampas, I had exactly the same problem when I tried to use the assembly manager to revert to 2.0.5.1 from 2.0.6.0. The code had started perfectly well beforehand, but immediately after changing the version in the assembly manager, it always threw a System.IO.FileNotFoundException when I tried to run the exe. Switching back didn''t fix the problem. I also changed the CopyLocal values both ways. In the end I uninstalled both versions, and then reinstalled Syncfusion 2.0.6.0 to fix the problem. I''d be most interested to hear what caused this problem, since I''m now too scared to use the assembly manager to switch versions so I can''t try to track down problems using the syncfusion source (when will the 2.0.6 release be out?). Thanks, Sue

A( Abdulrahman (Ahmad) Alsaleem August 18, 2004 07:29 PM UTC

I also had a problem with ET 2.1.0.9 assembly manager. When running the assembly, I has "input string not in correct format", then Any thing I do gives unhandled exception. >I tried to submit this problem as an incident in Direct-Trac, but received an error every time so I''m submitting it here: > >I downloaded and installed 2.0.5.1. I then started receiving an exception in grid.dll so I used the assembly manager to revert to 2.0.5.0. Now, when I run my program in debug mode from VS, I get the following error. Do I need to use a specific version of the assembly manager to revert to an older version? > > > >An unhandled exception of type ''System.IO.FileNotFoundException'' occurred in vmteditorlib.dll > > >Additional information: File or assembly name Syncfusion.Tools, or one of its dependencies, was not found. > >

RW Ryan Wade August 19, 2004 01:20 PM UTC

I get "input string not in correct format" too, along with various crashes throughout the build process. >I also had a problem with ET 2.1.0.9 assembly manager. When running the assembly, I has "input string not in correct format", then Any thing I do gives unhandled exception. > >>I tried to submit this problem as an incident in Direct-Trac, but received an error every time so I''m submitting it here: >> >>I downloaded and installed 2.0.5.1. I then started receiving an exception in grid.dll so I used the assembly manager to revert to 2.0.5.0. Now, when I run my program in debug mode from VS, I get the following error. Do I need to use a specific version of the assembly manager to revert to an older version? >> >> >> >>An unhandled exception of type ''System.IO.FileNotFoundException'' occurred in vmteditorlib.dll >> >> >>Additional information: File or assembly name Syncfusion.Tools, or one of its dependencies, was not found. >> >>

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 19, 2004 04:19 PM UTC

Hi Ryan, Did you install the 2.0.6.x version patch(es)? If so can you uninstall it and then try re-installing the 2.1.0.9 version. Also are you running the 2.1.0.9 version of the Assembly Manager? Regards Arun

RW Ryan Wade August 22, 2004 05:31 PM UTC

I uninstalled 2.0.6X and installed 2.1.0.9. After that I ran the 2.0.1.9 assembly manager and tried to compile for .net 1.1. >Hi Ryan, > >Did you install the 2.0.6.x version patch(es)? If so can you uninstall it and then try re-installing the 2.1.0.9 version. > >Also are you running the 2.1.0.9 version of the Assembly Manager? > >Regards >Arun > >

AA Akshay Arora August 24, 2004 03:07 PM UTC

Hi, I too am having a similar problem when using the Assembly Manager. I went from version 1.6 to 2.1 and the first time I ran Assembly Manager, things were fine, and great. I rebooted and then the next time I tried to run Assembly Manager, it gave me the error that someone else mentined "FormatException" or something to that effect. I also noted that my "Assemblies" directory has 2 dll files in it, and they are the 2 policy.2.1.Syncfusion.Grid (and Shared) files, but no actual assemblies. The pre-compiled folder has the proper assemblies, and they also appear in C:\WINNT\assembly but they do not appear in the .Net tab when you go to add references with VS. Any thoughts?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon