We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ResX file gets corrupted when configuration changed

I am having very annoying problem due to which i had to create an application 3 times. The problem is; i created a form and placed a GridControl on it. after that i set the ColStyle for a column to pushbutton (or anything). after that i changed the property LocalCopy to "true" of the 2 Syncfusion Assemblies in reference of my project, so far so good. After that i changed my BuildConfiguration to "Release", Then on building project it gives me following error "Form1.resx Resource transformation for file ''Form1.resx'' failed. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." The annoying part of this problem is that this error is permanent. That is when i reverted back my changes, the resX file could not be recovered. I lost all my col styles furthermore when i tried to put a fresh grid on the form after deleting the old one, the new grid had the same problem plus few more properties stop to work.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 3, 2004 08:26 AM UTC

Can you post a sample project showing the problem, or submit a direct trac support incident with one? Also mention what version you are using as different versions require different resources.

NA Naveed Ahmed Siddiqui August 3, 2004 08:55 AM UTC

Let me rephrase the problem for u, cos last msg contained few extra steps. Just put a grid on a form and change the style of any col, then change the property of assemblies to local copy. Then build the project before saving it. I am unable to attatched the sample, i dont know why but everytime i hit "Attach File" button it gives me "Page cannot be displayed". BTW im using Version 1.6.1.8 Runtime Version v1.0.3705 and .Net 1.1 with VS 2003 >Can you post a sample project showing the problem, or submit a direct trac support incident with one? Also mention what version you are using as different versions require different resources.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 3, 2004 09:38 AM UTC

If you create the resources using the DLLs from the GAC, and then change the references to local copy, you will have a conflict the next time the resources have to be built (like when you change from debug to release). The reason is that you are trying to use one copy of the dll''s from the GAC to do the resources but another from the local copy for running the code. So, I guess the real question is why are using trying to use local copy in this situation? Generally, I avoid these problems by removing DLL''s from the GAC when I want to use Local Copy. It just simplifies thing in the long run. I am always sure that I am really using the local DLLs that I think I am using. In general, if you want to switch back and forth between debug/release versions of the Syncfusion DLLs, you can use the Assembly Manager to do the switching. It will put the right DLLs in the GAC for you and you do not have to use local copy.

NA Naveed Ahmed Siddiqui August 4, 2004 02:19 AM UTC

Now that cleared the picture very much, thnx for comprehensive reply. But I sincerely believe that u did a great job in building these grids, but one thing abt these grids is that some of their properties are not Commutative, i.e. setting property A then B may not have equivalent impact as of setting B then A. apart from that its a master piece. keep up the good work :) >If you create the resources using the DLLs from the GAC, and then change the references to local copy, you will have a conflict the next time the resources have to be built (like when you change from debug to release). The reason is that you are trying to use one copy of the dll''s from the GAC to do the resources but another from the local copy for running the code. > >So, I guess the real question is why are using trying to use local copy in this situation? > >Generally, I avoid these problems by removing DLL''s from the GAC when I want to use Local Copy. It just simplifies thing in the long run. I am always sure that I am really using the local DLLs that I think I am using. > >In general, if you want to switch back and forth between debug/release versions of the Syncfusion DLLs, you can use the Assembly Manager to do the switching. It will put the right DLLs in the GAC for you and you do not have to use local copy.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon