We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How do I add Link + Text in XPTaskbar

Hi, I am trying to use XPTaskBar. I want to add items in the following format: +------+ | Icon | Link1 | 1 | ----- +------+ Some help text that does not have any link in a different font. +------+ | Icon | Link2 | 2 | ----- +------+ Some help text that does not have any link in a different font. Basically I want to be able to add some help text below each taskbar item link. Is there a way to do this? thanks, - Reddy

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 20, 2002 12:06 PM UTC

The default configuration of an XPTaskBarBox allows you to add only XPTaskBarItems to it's contents. This is recommended for the simple image+link only appearance. But, as soon as your requirements increase like the case you mention above, you should switch to the Panel based approach. This is how you could implement the UI you mention: 1) Lose you exisiting XPTaskBarItems. Drop a Panel in the XPTaskBarBox in the design-time (It can Parent one and only 1 Panel). 2) Reproduce the XPTaskBarItem appearance in a LinkLable (it allows you to align an image to the top-left and also adjust the LinkArea). 3) Simply use the Lable to create static text. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon